IGNORED

Apple Stole My Music. No, Really (IMPORTANT READ)

Joyrex

https://blog.vellumatlanta.com/2016/05/04/apple-stole-my-music-no-seriously/

I had the Apple Music trial, even paid for it for a month or two - I haven't checked, but if I go home and my music library is missing...

How in the hell can they do this? There's going to be a class-action suit over this if true.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here's the counterpoint to that article:

http://m.imore.com/no-apple-music-not-deleting-tracks-your-hard-drive-unless-you-tell-it

seems the problem is a confusing dialog box. you'd think a company so focused on design and user experience (riiiight..) would make it so people don't accidentally dump all their files.

ChtEfbNUgAAhBiz.png

this is fucked up. i never liked apple much, but the practices they are practicing today just shows how much they believe they can do whatever the fuck they please. where do they get the audacity to even do this? what the fuck. do these backwards people even look in the mirror to see what the fuck they are doing?

fuck

Yeah I just saw this on Twitter. I downloaded a Beatles album while on holiday in UK, and my hotel wifi was iffy, I don't use Apple Music bc of its rep, but my iPhone kept disconnecting during the album download. About half the album was on my phone, I listened to the tracks, then checked back to see if it had completed, and the previously there songs were now gone, marked as "purchased" but maybe 1/4 of the album was now available, the rest was grayed out and unavailable til I resynced my phone again at home. Fucking bullshit, and I've done the "unhide" music runaround they put you thru before, but never saw purchased music disappear from an iOS device before, content purchased from Apple. Yeah fuck AMusic, never had, never gonna use it.

Weird, I've had Apple Music since it launched and this didn't happen. Maybe there's a diff if you use an external HD vs the internal SSD?

Weird, I've had Apple Music since it launched and this didn't happen. Maybe there's a diff if you use an external HD vs the internal SSD?

I use an external HDD to store my iTunes library, plus it's backed up...

No problems here so far.

I don't trust cloud shit though, so I got backup of my backups.

Nor I (that I am aware of) - was getting ready to buy a 256GB flash drive for my car so I don't need to worry about album art not showing over Bluetooth when I play music while driving... this would be another backup copy.

I've used iTunes on macs for many years. No problems at all until last year when I signed up for the three month trial. Totally fucked up my collections, replaced artwork with some generic shit from their store. Took ages for me to get everything back to before.Needless to say, I didn't sign up for their monthly subscription. To be honest, I hate streaming music anyway. I like something to hold, a cd or some vinyl.

There is/was already a class action lawsuit against them for deleting music off computers. (http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/lawsuit-apple-delete-songs-itunes-20141204)

It deleted tons of my shit that I didn't purchase from their store, and I sadly didn't have backups. I think I posted about it in the FWP thread in 2013 or 2014. I was pissed.

It's why I switched to media-monkey.

This seems to be kind of the same thing, again?

I tried out apple music for a while. But when it decided to replace my music with its own artwork instead of my custom, I quit it. I do not like it that Apple likes to fuck with my own organised library.

Thank god I didn't decide to sign up for that. I don't like streaming music anyways... much rather have the files I want physically with me. Or, well ya know, an actual item to play.

Just knowing that all of my music could have been deleted if I signed up makes me angry. What were you thinking Apple?

There is/was already a class action lawsuit against them for deleting music off computers. (http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/lawsuit-apple-delete-songs-itunes-20141204)

It deleted tons of my shit that I didn't purchase from their store, and I sadly didn't have backups. I think I posted about it in the FWP thread in 2013 or 2014. I was pissed.

It's why I switched to media-monkey.

This seems to be kind of the same thing, again?

I've been thinking about switching to an iTunes alternative. However, it would be ideal if I could just import my itunes library into the new music player. Does media-monkey support importing libraries?

I moved from iTunes to Audirvana plus a year or so ago and have not looked back. If you are Mac-based, it is a great alternative to iTunes for library management and playback. Incorporates Qobuz and Tidal streaming services and does lots of other nice "audiophile" shit if that's your bag. Word of warning though...it shows up holes in your metadata. I was just glad to get away from iTunes. Fuck iTunes.

tumblr_o6h1mooto41qd5mq1o1_400.jpg

LOL

Anyway, fuck subscription based music deals. Buy your music and support the musician who made the music so we don't end up with more situations like this

Archived