IGNORED

SAW II on vinyl

Guest hahathhat

Fairly easy on ebay. A good copy pops up every so often. Be prepared to pay a lot.

The sound quality is supposed to be fairly bad, though. Especially with the brown vinyl.

Guest Dr. Elemeno von Hat X: PhD

yah, i saw comments about the brown vinyl when googling around. that was where the 'is it worth it?' part came from.

Well, you can get all the tracks digitally (Stone in Focus on that Astralwerks CD). I got them all together and split them onto three CDs (like the vinyl), and broke out my exacto-blades, fancy paper, and binding glue to make it a stately, plain-faced pocket-binder.

Get the vinyl if you have one of those laser-record-players (audioturntable.com, I believe). Then let me borrow it for a sec.

i already have it on CD (legally!), and stone in focus in mp3, though i need to grab hankie at some point.

Saw II is one of the few albums for which i've felt motived to investigate, er... higher fidelity listening experiences

basically, records sound nice, and i so i said to myself, perhaps i should get this on vinyl...

• 4 weeks later...

yeah, see, i admittedly am not a vinyl connisseur... i own literally like four or five records, but a lot more CDs, and some cassettes. i do have access to a turntable, and vinyl records do seem to fill a room more, and if there's ever an album i want to do that, it's this one. i would pay a decent amount for a copy of SAW II on vinyl IF:

a) it sounds good enough to be worth having over the CD

B) i can actually play it (e.g. it's not so valuable it should sit on a shelf etc.)

c) it's not a pain in the ass to find. just because you have the will doesn't mean the way is obvious

at the moment i think i'm just sticking with my CDs

Ive heard it on vinyl and its better. All vinyl is better to me though.

Check out this old moog demo from a vinyl

http://fractaldvd.com/media/moogrecord.html

I would love to know how to get that sound from a record. I love it.

Id master everything to record firt if I knew it would sound like that.

Maybe tape is fine for that.

( I don't think these vinyl emulator plug ins do the trick)

The standard colour cover black vinyl will run you 90-120USD.

The black and white cover with black vinyl is a bit rarer but will run you about the same.

The brown vinyl (limited to 10,000) varies by the release number - anything below 1000 is worth significantly more than 1001 and up. get into the less than 100 territory and you're gonna pay at least 200USD. The audio on the brown vinyl is horrible, so don't buy this version if you want to actually listen to it.

okay. i'm changing my position to 'keeping a vague watch on ebay for a black vinyl, color cover copy'

I've just picked up a copy of the black vinyl, color cover version for (£36) off ebay. I've not played it yet, a bit too scared to wear the vinyl. To be honest I've not even heard SAW II yet ever, so I'm looking forward to playing it soon.

All the best.

The standard colour cover black vinyl will run you 90-120USD.

The black and white cover with black vinyl is a bit rarer but will run you about the same.

The brown vinyl (limited to 10,000) varies by the release number - anything below 1000 is worth significantly more than 1001 and up. get into the less than 100 territory and you're gonna pay at least 200USD. The audio on the brown vinyl is horrible, so don't buy this version if you want to actually listen to it.

Sorry, bit of a retard question but is Stone In Focus on all the vinyl versions?

i thought about owning sawII on vinyl but i kinda think it would be a bad idea because you'd have to keep on flipping over the vinyl; i like to listen to sawII when i'm just about to drift into dream land

i think i'd have to construct some sort of canine/record adapter, probably involving springs and padded salad tongs.

• 1 month later...
The brown vinyl (limited to 10,000) varies by the release number - anything below 1000 is worth significantly more than 1001 and up. get into the less than 100 territory and you're gonna pay at least 200USD.

Wow.. I wonder what my copy is worth?

25112006kq7.jpg

Archived