IGNORED

Beta waves in Mt St Michel Mix

Guest Babar

Guest organizedconfusedproject

Something strange happens to me when I listen to Mt St Michel Mix's syncope end. You know, this fast wahwah at the very end of the track. Sometimes, when i listen to this part, i feel out of my body, anxious, nervous, see white flashes, and finally MUST shut down the Amp.

I've just had a look at the spectrum of the track's end. Surprisingly, the WahWah's frequency is 13/14 Hz.

post-3027-1201263598_thumb.jpg

That's beta waves !

This range of frequencies is also the most dangerous for epileptic people.

Witting ?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Helper ET
I've just had a look at the spectrum of the track's end. Surprisingly, the WahWah's frequency is 13/14 Hz.

hmm. well i know almost nothing about the topic, but because the "wahwah" is at 14 Hz, does that necessarily mean that it is producing beta waves? my grammar rocks.

It's only dangerous to listen to Druqks if you're epileptic AND you have synaesthesia. The flashing imagery will do you in.

do you know this to be true, or just in theory?

Who else ?

In fact i've never experiment what i said whit mt st michel, but with mt st michel + ziggomatic : Drukqs both discs played simultaneously -my great disgrace.

here is an extract :

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GQJ9HMC1

I'm trying to retrieve infos about psychoacoustics.

the facts : **the wahwah has a 14 hz frequency

**The melody on ziggomatic is very high pitched.

What wikipedia says :

Beta is the frequency range from 12 Hz to about 30 Hz. It is seen usually on both sides in symmetrical distribution and is most evident frontally. Low amplitude beta with multiple and varying frequencies is often associated with active, busy or anxious thinking and active concentration. Rhythmic beta with a dominant set of frequencies is associated with various pathologies and drug effects, especially benzodiazepines. Activity over about 25 Hz seen in the scalp EEG is rarely cerebral (i.e., it is most often artifactual). It may be absent or reduced in areas of cortical damage. It is the dominant rhythm in patients who are alert or anxious or who have their eyes open.

Beta Waves are also split into three sections: High Beta Waves (19Hz+); Beta Waves (15-18Hz); and Low Beta Waves

i think we can deduce we are in front of "Low amplitude beta" that somehow render "multiple and varying frequencies" as the wahwah is modulating a kind of DnB/Breakcore/tchikitikpimpampoof patern.

Given that luminous stimulus between 10 and 30 HZ are the most active kind of signals likely to trigger epilepsy, the high pitched melody could help the Brainwave synchronisation.

Is there any psychoacoustician aboard ?

And don't forget to give us a snare rush,

cheers.

Guest nene multiple assgasms
the first time I listened to that ending with headphones, I did experience an alteration in brain function

but never again after that

me too. it felt like the floor was dropping out from under me.

When listening loud in headphones, listening very intently, I feel a strong pressure on my head and things get really intense. and then the drums quickly stop and I feel light headed and like something just let go of my head. it's extremely awesome and very trippy. one of the coolest moments in music i've ever experienced.

I got the mail of a psychoacoustician form his press agent : he is a mix between a compositer of electronic music and a researcher. Hope he knows him, because for aphex's sake, i think i can disturb him.

I think he will be available to say if it's likely that this trippy wahwah was intended - or not.

Archived