IGNORED

The Aphex Twin Music on TV

Dragon

Aphex Twin - Lichen used in "The Incredible Story of Marie Antoinette's Watch with Nicholas Parsons" on BBC Four.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07xtbhr

Flicking through channels earlier and saw that segment pop up on Gogglebox. Proper caught me by surprise. Def one of SAW2's gems.

Also used in the latest episode of Vice.

• 1 year later...

Jynweythek

The River: A Year in the Life of the Tay BBC4 (approx 1 hour 25 in , towards the end of the programme anyway).

• 6 months later...

just a heads up for Losing It: Our Mental Health Crisis, on now on Channel 4. very moving stuff as an eleven year old girl with suicidal thoughts has a panic attack in her mother's arms, with Lichen from SAW2 used to full effect.

there's also several tracks from Drukqs including Gwely Mernans, which has been used on both episodes. the documentary itself it also definitely worth a watch, check it out and stay tuned.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Dragon said:

just a heads up for Losing It: Our Mental Health Crisis, on now on Channel 4. very moving stuff as an eleven year old girl with suicidal thoughts has a panic attack in her mother's arms, with Lichen from SAW2 used to full effect.

there's also several tracks from Drukqs including Gwely Mernans, which has been used on both episodes. the documentary itself it also definitely worth a watch, check it out and stay tuned.

Gwely Mernans AKA "Dying from drugs abuse in the far corner of a rave" copyright @Ivan Ooze

On 7/16/2006 at 10:21 AM, Dragon said:

If anyone else sees or hears Aphex Twin music on TV programmes or adverts it would be apreciated that it be posted here. Also shows/ads before I started checking with AFX music and foreign programming can go here too.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0416869/

also,  @1m03s

Edited by Tim_J
  • Thanks 1

holy shit that link is epic! that is going straight into the OP of this thread.

also, LOL at the video. I thought the kicks were similar to acrid avid, but it sounds more like something by VS or Ilkae.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Dragon said:

holy shit that link is epic! that is going straight into the OP of this thread.

also, LOL at the video. I thought the kicks were similar to acrid avid, but it sounds more like something by VS or Ilkae.

i think it's acrid avid... not just the kicks, the kicks, the lo-fi pitched down snare and the tambourines... before a layer of shinier hihats and kicks (which aren't in the original song) come into the mix... 

Edited by Tim_J

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 7/16/2006 at 3:21 PM, Dragon said:

"One Hour Photo" Channel 4 film trailer (Schottkey 7th Path)

When I used to listen to albums faintly while watching films without overbearing soundtracks, I found OHP used to go very well with Confield. Such a surrealy dark film.

Also, radiator (among other SAWII tracks, not that SAWII for television ambience is all that rare it seems) on this Alan Moore interview. Remember watching this when I was titchier.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...