IGNORED

Q-Chastic/Melodies From Mars

Guest vibertisgod

I'm loving Track 5

Joyrex, what is the likelihood of Richard contacting you about this? Has he PM'ed you alot in the past?

I think a better question is when was the last time Rich actually contacted JR?

Last I had contact with him (which was via PM) was in 2004-5 or so, when the aforementioned hosting company went tits up. I haven't heard from him or anybody from Rephlex since.

how did you get contact in the first place

?

I'll make a long, long story short - somebody posted a map to his (then) home in Elephant and Castle, and he asked me to remove it. This was in 2000/2001. Kept in touch via email for awhile, then took a comment I made about Drukqs being "quite good" as offensive, he broke off contact. Fast forward to 2004-5, contacts me out of the blue about something else, I mention I have these unreleased tracks and the circumstances of how I came to possess them, and he said it would be OK to release a few, and then lost the PMs stating so due to poor hosting at the time.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Pete is your friend

Tom: hey, they are up to 13 pages now on that wank thread - i think that one robot guy with 20 posts ran off with the MD.

Pritchard: 13? shit, i thought they'd be up to at least 20 by now, considering how much they suck my dick.

Tom: should we post?

Pritchard: *opens home movies season four box set* they could all piss off, like i give a shit about some transitional fillers i made while rubbing one out years ago . . . except for track 14 . . i always liked track 14.

Pritchard: lets hold up a bit, i want to find out if that MD makes it through the post.

The eagle has landed. Just got the MD today.

Tom: hey, they are up to 13 pages now on that wank thread - i think that one robot guy with 20 posts ran off with the MD.

heheheh

LOL - mailroom at work just called me asking what kind of postage I wanted on this - told them "the kind that allows my package to be delivered" (in order to mail things here at work, we have to fill out a postage request form - I left the part on what kind of postage blank, since I usually write "domestic postage" or "international postage" on the form). Fucking morons. So I am assuming it's going out today.

Oh yeah btw the postmark is May 29 hahaha....

Your mailroom == FAIL

Tracks 6, 9 and 12 are amazing. The fact that there are two remixes of "Ventolin (Praze An Beeble Mix)" shows that it's an original track, and not a remix.

How long will it take to get the tracks up? Will Joyrex have to track down Richard for permission?

Yeah, I barked at the mailroom already - I cannot believe even after that whole fiasco, it STILL sat there! :angry:

Once I get the CDR, I'm sending it off to be mastered. Hopefully between now and when I get it back we can get an official blessing from Richard on this...

Yeah, I barked at the mailroom already - I cannot believe even after that whole fiasco, it STILL sat there! :angry:

Once I get the CDR, I'm sending it off to be mastered. Hopefully between now and when I get it back we can get an official blessing from Richard on this...

yeah!!! :yeah:

Why not just upload the FLACs to sendspace or even a private directory on the WATMM server? Surely that would be quicker?

Because I don't want to? Is that a good enough reason?

Absolutely, merely making a suggestion.

Guest Super lurker ultra V12

Pritchard: 13? shit, i thought they'd be up to at least 20 by now, considering how much they suck my dick.

Pritchard: *opens home movies season four box set* they could all piss off, like i give a shit about some transitional fillers i made while rubbing one out years ago . . . except for track 14 . . i always liked track 14.

Pritchard: lets hold up a bit, i want to find out if that MD makes it through the post.

heh

Why not just upload the FLACs to sendspace or even a private directory on the WATMM server? Surely that would be quicker?

Because I don't want to? Is that a good enough reason?

Absolutely, merely making a suggestion.

Sorry bro, snippy this morning, bad sleep.

I'd rather just leave it parcel for now, less chance for it to get passed around without permission if it stays off the wire.

Well, my wish was Granted (ha, pun intended), and Rephlex got in touch with me:

Hi, hope u r well

someone just informed us via watmm , joyrex(?) was planning to release a load of afx old unrel trx, - don’t do that! they will come out with a load more on a boxset or something at some point, best quality. If they r bootlegged prior to this it will scupper any plans. Wot say thee?

Cheers

Best regards

Grant & Richard

And yes, I did verify it was indeed Rephlex who sent the email. So, out of respect, I will not be releasing these to the public per their wishes. I do certainly hope that these will indeed come out in some form soon (realistically, I can see a few of the tracks, but not all of them are up to par for releasing). I would ask anyone else in possession of these tracks not to distribute them out of anger or spite, and respect the artist's wishes. Although unreleased, they are copyrighted, and are protected under international copyright laws of your applicable country.

Archived