IGNORED

Studio Pics

Guest brianellis

now we know ET's dupe account. check the tell-tale mousemat

hey now... don't be associating me with that man... i aint trying to get banned for no riesinsz

Edited by PhylumZunami

now we know ET's dupe account. check the tell-tale mousemat

hey now... don't be associating me with that man... i aint trying to get banned for no riesinsz

Oh he was banned for a reason... Prove you are not ET.

Now

Some changes since my last pic :

studio082014.png

I've been jamming with the A4 for two days now (since I received it) : I'm quite amazed by it, yet I feel like it'll take times to master its synth engine, it reacts drastically to tiny changes.

As much as I usually "get" synths strengths and flaws quite quickly, I'm a bit lost at the moment. I bet it's quite a rewarding beast though. A4 owners, any tips & tricks ?

Some changes since my last pic :

studio082014.png

I've been jamming with the A4 for two days now (since I received it) : I'm quite amazed by it, yet I feel like it'll take times to master its synth engine, it reacts drastically to tiny changes.

As much as I usually "get" synths strengths and flaws quite quickly, I'm a bit lost at the moment. I bet it's quite a rewarding beast though. A4 owners, any tips & tricks ?

that set up is really nice and clean!

with your Analog4, speaking as a previous Machinedrum owner, study the manual. lots. then play with it. lots.

Elektron stuff is great, but you definitely need to know the beast in the carnal sense before you can tempt the goodness out.

Thank you ! I try to keep it minimalist yet inspirational. I'd be so un-productive with tons and tons of gear... even if there's a synth or two I'm lusting over hehe ;)

Thanks for the advice as well : just printed the manual. Now, lets read !

Edited by lin

It's a pretty neat yet insanely affordable soundcard : SPL Crimson

They managed to keep the cost really low by picking converters and preamps in their flagship units, and by not providing DSP. All top quality analogue path (but the AD/DA part obviously), built like a tank, and can be used without a computer as well.

that is very cool indeed! I love the fact that they thought enough about it to put the legends on the ins/outs upside down too, so you can tell what the fuck you're plugging in when you're actually plugging stuff in!

Indeed, it's really well thought out ! I'd totally recommend it ;)

I wanted to ask you : why did you switched from an hybrid (I suppose ?) set-up to Reason ?

I spent 10 years using Reason (from v1 to 5), then switched to Live + Numerology combo with a few carefully chosen synths (Diva has been my go-to ever since, then Aalto and Bazille, and now the A4, nothing more) 3 years ago or so, and never regret it. Night and day difference in sound quality and ease of "making it sound good" if you ask me.

Ps: nice set-up too ! ;)

I wanted to ask you : why did you switched from an hybrid (I suppose ?) set-up to Reason ?

I spent 10 years using Reason (from v1 to 5), then switched to Live + Numerology combo with a few carefully chosen synths (Diva has been my go-to ever since, then Aalto and Bazille, and now the A4, nothing more) 3 years ago or so, and never regret it. Night and day difference in sound quality and ease of "making it sound good" if you ask me.

I was simply very fucking stupid and decided to sell all my hardware gear. Probably one of the worst mistakes I've ever made. I spent quite a bit of money on getting those synths, and they were in damn good condition too. It would break my heart trying to get hold of that stuff again, in similar condition.

So I went back to Reason. I started out with soft-synth stuff, then moved into getting proper gear.

I'm now moving away from Reason mostly though, I have Reaper and a good selection of VSTs now. I just have some projects in Reason that need finishing really.

I was simply very fucking stupid and decided to sell all my hardware gear. Probably one of the worst mistakes I've ever made. I spent quite a bit of money on getting those synths, and they were in damn good condition too. It would break my heart trying to get hold of that stuff again, in similar condition.

So I went back to Reason. I started out with soft-synth stuff, then moved into getting proper gear.

I'm now moving away from Reason mostly though, I have Reaper and a good selection of VSTs now. I just have some projects in Reason that need finishing really.

Oh ok ! By the way I hope I didn't sound pedantic, wasn't my goal at all.

Reason can be a lovely bit of software (I had so much fun with Spider CVs & all), and I bet there are some great sounding synths now.

That's just too bad that, back then before REs at least, they didn't have an HQ mode, less CPU friendly but better sounding. Thor and Malstrom can make great sounds, but damn they alias(ed) as hell and make(made) mixing harder than what it should (have) be(en).

I love to mix in Reaper, it's fast and fun, but never succeed to compose/produce with it.