IGNORED

Studio Pics

Guest brianellis

Niice..I have the Assblaster. Bit unpredictable, and it can be too much, but sometimes it's really magical. How do you like the R-51?

Hard to say yet. It sounds good for distortion so far. I'm also hoping to use it more subtly, to gently colour the final audio output of every channel on future mixes. Hopefully the cumulative effect should be warm and slightly quirky.

Awwwww..... When I see cats in music studios, I get all fuzzy wuzzy warmth inside..... Like analog tape saturation, broadcast over radio, ripped and played back through vinyl, on speakers made of cat paws.

*ggwgwgrgrggrrrrmrmmmwmmrrrr*

It's like heroin, mang.

I'd been thinking about modular vocoders a while ago, that's awesome Zoe. Done any funky stuff with it?

Some new toys:

11ebdd0d.jpg

Mixer with 5-band EQ, delay with send function (yay) and ultra fancy VU meters.

129c69a6.jpg

Bontempi reed organ with a mothafuckin air pump. It's got chord buttons and aftertouch (lol).

I'd been thinking about modular vocoders a while ago, that's awesome Zoe. Done any funky stuff with it?

Not yet, I'm afraid. I still need to get a preamp of some kind (maybe the A-119, although perhaps the R-51 can fulfil this role...) before I can even use it. I got a bunch more cables yesterday so at least I can patch together a patch with slew in it, once I actually install all the modules. But right now, my mind's pretty focused on writing firmware, I'm afraid. So no music making for me, for the last few months, and for probably another month still...

Nice collection volg. What sort of mods did you do on your 505?

cheers dude, 505 has a few mods now, got some general sound bends and iv'e added an LTC1799 oscilator for crazy pitch effects

theres a breakout box which houses volumes pots for all the sounds, goes from zero to max and adds a bit of distortion... it's got trigger outputs for the drums too which i use to trigger the sequencers on korg volcas, monotribe and bent monotrons...

i've also done the sequencer data bend mod which lets you mash up the patterns/retrigger drums/change which sounds play when, this is great with the korgs cos they start getting weird timing glitches and their sequences get fucked up too! plus it still sends out midi data for the fucked up patterns, so i can use it to make crazy out of control midi patterns... the data bends are connected to a patchbay and momentary buttons so i can fuck with them live, its my goto box for glitchy weirdness :~)

nice catsynth you got there

do you sequence all your hardware in Renoise?

thanks!

yeah, sometimes. works fine i can say. i was more ot-centric for 6 month, jamming etc. as i wanted to take a break from a computer screen. but gonna return to R3 soon.

Edited by telefunken

Ok. I guess it's nice for sequencing so much gear but I wondered if the automation workflow isn't a little bit frustrating if you want to save lot of live knob twiddling. Well I should using Renoise so some day anyway!

Yes you can but I always felt frustrated about the way you do so, especially if you want to record it live from a controller because it doesn't handles automation modes like touch or latch that you can find in other daws.

• 2 weeks later...

lol at oil painting desktop, kind of cool how you used the speaker boxes as lamp stands, but i can imagine some on here poo'pooing (nods to chatmm) over it's potentially marginal to non existent audio impact.