IGNORED

Studio Pics

Guest brianellis

yeah man, few bits of roland gear there, heres some other bits & bobs

post-18979-0-00369300-1430940548_thumb.jpgpost-18979-0-04066400-1430940552_thumb.jpg

post-18979-0-28874600-1430940540_thumb.jpgpost-18979-0-25632600-1430940544_thumb.jpg

post-18979-0-57843100-1430943771_thumb.jpg

That's an allen & heath gl3000 28ch. pretty old but I like it..

post-18979-0-93927500-1430943776_thumb.jpgpost-18979-0-73566800-1430943816_thumb.jpg

post-18979-0-70170600-1430943820_thumb.jpgpost-18979-0-17716400-1430943938_thumb.jpg

post-18979-0-64027400-1430943931_thumb.jpgpost-18979-0-09795200-1430943935_thumb.jpg

Nice rig pH1. Happy to see a prophecy in there.

Cheers Salem, I love the arpeggiator on the prophecy. they're pretty cheap at the moment!

Me too, I just upgraded mine to the v20 EPROM for full midi syncing capabilities. I really like your collection man. The EPS screen was a nice touch :)

UfI1lI0.png updated jam rig...

Nice setup, all at hands reach, that a pair of sq1's?

just checked my prophecy, rom v1.8 - meh

Edited by pH1

Guest Chesney

I love your setup salem. Proper jam hub.

Here is mine today in more detail than the last one I posted.Sk50d is cased up under the CS30 for somewhere for it to go.

dg59tz.jpg

15g2cyc.jpg

2le2wwp.jpg

30tqk95.jpg

24grtxi.jpg

24b0zz4.jpg

Guest Chesney

haha, cheers man. not quite as sprawling as yours. I really need more room to spread a bit.

I love your setup salem. Proper jam hub.

Here is mine today in more detail than the last one I posted.Sk50d is cased up under the CS30 for somewhere for it to go.

dg59tz.jpg

15g2cyc.jpg

2le2wwp.jpg

30tqk95.jpg

24grtxi.jpg

24b0zz4.jpg

Nice toys, my friend!

Would you mind listing what all those sexy synths are? (And which ones do you use the most?)

How often you record to tape?

Oh, and why so many Ibanez Artists (or whatever model that is)?

Cheers

Guest Chesney

no problem.

Top pic: Yamaha CS01, Yamaha CS30, Elektron Analogfour. Yamaha SK50D in it's case under CS30.

Next pic: Tiesco 110f, Roland Jupiter 4.

Next pic: Yamaha Dx100, Moog Sub37, Waldorf Blofeld pushed behind monitor.

Next: Waldorf Pulse in rack.

Next: Welson Syntex, SRS Zv3 (handmade one off), Waldorf Blofeld, Roland SH09, Crumar stratus.

I use them all, all of the time, all have such different character. one closest to my heart is the welson. I use the stratus the least as it has a few issues.

I use the tape machine as much as I can as tape is limited nowadays and sometimes have to wait. I track tempo less tracks to it and run final mixes through it too.

The guitars at the top are Yamaha SG's. The red is my baby and from the year I was born. The blue I bought as a 2nd live guitar but it's a later model and not as nice, still great though. the wooden one of the same shape is the 2nd guit I built about 4 years ago. the smaller one in the top corner is my first build. The red headed tele you cannot see at the bottom is a perspex guitar I built year before last.

Edited by Chesney

Guest Chesney

haha yeah, I printed a load out on vinyl and stuck it on everything new. sold most of the newer stuff though. I have a think for wood ends. i want my studio to look like a gentlemen's club. a billiards reactable would be nice.

no problem.

Top pic: Yamaha CS01, Yamaha CS30, Elektron Analogfour. Yamaha SK50D in it's case under CS30.

Next pic: Tiesco 110f, Roland Jupiter 4.

Next pic: Yamaha Dx100, Moog Sub37, Waldorf Blofeld pushed behind monitor.

Next: Waldorf Pulse in rack.

Next: Welson Syntex, SRS Zv3 (handmade one off), Waldorf Blofeld, Roland SH09, Crumar stratus.

I use them all, all of the time, all have such different character. one closest to my heart is the welson. I use the stratus the least as it has a few issues.

I use the tape machine as much as I can as tape is limited nowadays and sometimes have to wait. I track tempo less tracks to it and run final mixes through it too.

The guitars at the top are Yamaha SG's. The red is my baby and from the year I was born. The blue I bought as a 2nd live guitar but it's a later model and not as nice, still great though. the wooden one of the same shape is the 2nd guit I built about 4 years ago. the smaller one in the top corner is my first build. The red headed tele you cannot see at the bottom is a perspex guitar I built year before last.

Well damn, congrats on the nice collection

Did you grab the Jupiter-4 before, during or after the synth boom wher all the prices went through the roof?

Well shit, now I wanna work my ass off and buy some more synths...the '4' is my fave jupe and I always wanted one, although I prolly don't need it per se...

Guest Chesney

I have only had it for maybe a year and a half. I paid the most I have for a synth but not as much as they are going for. I have always wanted one too. It is lovely.

Just to state though, this gear does not make my music any better, I was actually more productive when I just had a digi 8 track, two synths and an ESmk2 for drums. But I didn't have kids then I guess.

It's the computer that actually makes my music worse, having the option to edit after the fact takes all the flow out of the jam and homogenises the structure. Ah well. technology eh.

• 2 weeks later...

Chesney and Salem,

What kind of mixers are you two using?

I really like the design, and teh colors :)

Are those old Roland mixers or something?

Guest Chesney

Hey man. They are Tascam mixers. Sort of oldish analogue. Really warm and round sounding. The Eq's are not the best but it's not a big issue, it's nice for colouring. Nice and simple and going for real cheap. Mine is the M208 and salems is the M106 I think.

I just missed out on a M216 the other week which would have been great teamed up with the 208.

is the tascam mixer the one that pairs with a multitrack reel to reel? one of those just popped up at a consignment store near where I live and the dude who sold it to the store was a cheesy 80s digital synth composer (who did everything on a D50). Shockingly the purchase includes over 20 reel2 reel multitrack recordings this guy did but they only are sold as part of the entire package. I just want the goddam tapes !

very tasty looking studio btw, i always like to see synth heavy studios with so much love put into that are fairly unique. Do do most of your drum stuff on the machinedrum? I've been using my analog4 almost only for drums these past 6 months (with the preset switching per step feature you can almost cheat and make it sound like it has a lot more than 4 drum voiceS)

Edited by John Ehrlichman

is the tascam mixer the one that pairs with a multitrack reel to reel? one of those just popped up at a consignment store near where I live and the dude who sold it to the store was a cheesy 80s digital synth composer (who did everything on a D50). Shockingly the purchase includes over 20 reel2 reel multitrack recordings this guy did but they only are sold as part of the entire package. I just want the goddam tapes !

very tasty looking studio btw, i always like to see synth heavy studios with so much love put into that are fairly unique. Do do most of your drum stuff on the machinedrum? I've been using my analog4 almost only for drums these past 6 months (with the preset switching per step feature you can almost cheat and make it sound like it has a lot more than 4 drum voiceS)

you mean the tascam 388?

i have one in my bedroom functioning as a table, waiting for a new belt for the motor

a truly beautiful, frustrating, finicky, unwieldy machine

Edited by LimpyLoo

Guest Chesney

it's not specifically for matching with reels but it's great for it and the main reason why i got it.

I got rid of all my other drum machines and samplers when i go the MD as it just clicked but most of my drums come from field recording, synths or circuit bending. the MD does most of the sequencing of them and I do back them up with the synth machines.