IGNORED

herbie hancock - brian eno - squarepusher

Chris Moss Acid

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
Guest Bad Influence

Big fan of Brian Eno's ambient stuff, its what first got me into making deep soundscapes. I've only heard really Herbie's Headhunters album and seen a bit of a recorded live show. Doubt this will disappoint. :laughing: manga face

Crikey!!! I wonder who's on the beats.....? Don't reckon they'll let Squarepusher loose on the skins. Definitely need more info on this... whistling.png

You never know, if Tom can pull out some more Tetra-sync or Circle wave style stuff it would go well. Wonder if they'll be using Eno's cards for this.

Guest burnibus

Herbie hancock is one of the greatest pianists that ever lived.

Listen to - The piano

Thrust

Manchild (smooth album with stevie on drums and harmonica)

mwandishi

future 2 future (carl craig guest produces a few tracks)

I have never heard anyone do what he can do on piano, and has left me utterly breathless especially considering alot of the time he is improvising.

Also on musicthing there is a video of him and quincy jones using one of the first midi sequencers and herbie jamming on a synth, its both great and well funny.

Guest Enter a new display name
Herbie is incredible on Miles Davis' Miles in the Sky. That is one incredible key player on that album!!!

I actually have the CD. Gotta listen Miles in the Sky again! It's also incredible how Hancock plays 2 keyboards at a time on Head Hunters, though.:

Guest burnibus

For me its all about raindance

That tune is one of the first minimal techno tunes ever. 1970's experimentation at its best

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest welcome to the machine
anyone got any more news on this?

the only news I have is bad news im afraid, a friend of mine knows ceephax quite well, and apparantly he said that tom had pulled the plug on the project, at least from his point of view. apparantly tom became frustrated with herbie's use of GM sounds and basic synth patches, and decided not to go through with it.

I am gutted, and I hope to be proved wrong, but the info was from a reliable source...

Guest Kenneth172

the only news I have is bad news im afraid, a friend of mine knows ceephax quite well, and apparantly he said that tom had pulled the plug on the project, at least from his point of view. apparantly tom became frustrated with herbie's use of GM sounds and basic synth patches, and decided not to go through with it.

I am gutted, and I hope to be proved wrong, but the info was from a reliable source...

haha, ace. Obviously all lies. But Funny nonetheless. :teeth:

Guest Glass Plate
It's also incredible how Hancock plays 2 keyboards at a time on Head Hunters, though.:

wtf, have you not heard of an organ?

rodgerorgan.jpg

OH SHIT 3 KEYBOARDS AT ONCE EPIC DEVELOPMENT

lol @ 2 keyboards at once. You are aware most pianists use more than one hand while playing right?

Organ is a whole different story. Extremely difficult instrument to master.

haha wtf

although, herbie hancock isn't what he used to be is he?

Tru dat. This record could either be a load of tosh or the sickest thing of 2007. But Steve Jones on drums wtf indeed.

Really? Jesus that's sad news ... can't say I'm too surprised. As fuckin' cool and awesome as Herbie Hancock is and always will be I have to say I think he's past his best.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest awkward

this news is exciting. but why is everyone talking about hancock when eno is involved. eno is the man. hancock is great but hello its eno.

Archived