IGNORED

herbie hancock - brian eno - squarepusher

Chris Moss Acid

in one other thread someones friend had spoken to ceephax, who said tom was "not feeling it" and jumped of the project.

there's a mention of the sessions in the following blog http://www.leoabrahams.com/webdiary/, the nov.16 entry.

He [brian Eno] did some jams last year with a group made up of Herbie Hancock, Squarepusher, Jon Hopkins and Steve Jones. The tracks are all over 30 minutes long and, though featuring many moments of demented genius, consist mostly of highly confusing (though terrifyingly proficient) arsing about. My job was to get them down to 6 or 7 minutes each, in order to send back to Brian and Herbie for further development. Instead of trying to make remixes with my stamp on, I wanted to keep the spirit of what was happening in the room - imagining how it would have been if everyone could read each other's minds (or even just hear each other properly - according to Brian it was difficult on the day). There is a lot of humour in it, I've taken out much of the noodling, and I've never heard music quite like it before. God knows when or how the project will be finished, but I'm continuing to work on it.

thanks to IVO for digging this info up...HE SHOULD BE LET BACK!!!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i were sure 4 that... that was incredible in the first time, after a long reflexion, i assume it was possible the MEET between herbie & tom (don't care of eno, he's just a simple musician 4 me...) but i was sure that herbie & tom weren't the same conception & spirit on the MUSIC thing... but that was 2 c if they might make an album... :angry:

The tracks are all over 30 minutes long and, though featuring many moments of demented genius, consist mostly of highly confusing (though terrifyingly proficient) arsing about.

Hahahahahaha. Yeah that sounds about right. Still holding out this might surface.

(don't care of eno, he's just a simple musician 4 me...)

simple? i don't really hear anything simple about anything eno has touched - minimalism doesn't always equal simplicity!

simple? i don't really hear anything simple about anything eno has touched - minimalism doesn't always equal simplicity!

lol i mean, 4 the word simple, not original... 4 u mayb but 4 me it's not original all eno did in music, sorry... & it's my taste... :angry:

Guest Enter a new display name

He's saying Brian Eno doesn't match when he eats baguette and drinks wine. :angry:

;-)

He's saying Brian Eno doesn't match when he eats baguette and drinks wine. :angry:

;-)

:beer:

Guest Enter a new display name

;-)

:beer:

:angry:

• 5 months later...
Guest jubes
I would buy that album.

youre right bout that i think its the first album that would be worthy of buying this year

if only ppl made better better music there would be less piracy

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

Archived