IGNORED

Neon Genesis Evangelion

YEK

i was hesitant on nge at first, and was for awhile but i was promised it got better. once you get past the cutesy cliche anime bits and into the later episodes it's really worth it.

i'd like to get into ghost in the shell series, i've only watched the movies but enjoyed them. is the series for the most part pretty similar to the movies?

Guest Enter a new display name
haven

t

i'm reading the eva manga's. i'm actually enjoying it more than the animes

i read it late at night while listening to classical music

*geek*

Yeah, the manga is better than the anime. What is the latest volume translated in english, though? I know they release a new volume every few years now or something.

haven

t

*geek*

Yeah, the manga is better than the anime. What is the latest volume translated in english, though? I know they release a new volume every few years now or something.

stage 78, what's the highest stage you have?

haven

t

*geek*

stage 78, what's the highest stage you have?

Stage 70. I bought volume 10 around 2 years ago. I haven't kept track on the manga series since then. Let me read the scans of the 11th volume and we'll discuss about Neon Genesis Evangelion, Trunkey. :ok:

Edit: You know what? I think I will just purchase it. It came out in french last month and there are available copies at the store near my house.

Edited by Enter a new display name

i was hesitant on nge at first, and was for awhile but i was promised it got better. once you get past the cutesy cliche anime bits and into the later episodes it's really worth it.

i'd like to get into ghost in the shell series, i've only watched the movies but enjoyed them. is the series for the most part pretty similar to the movies?

the series is more of a cop show, but shows much more of the 2032 world. in some ways, i think it's superior to the movies, just bc you don't have Oshii's requisite moping scenes and musical interludes.

the series is more of a cop show, but shows much more of the 2032 world. in some ways, i think it's superior to the movies, just bc you don't have Oshii's requisite moping scenes and musical interludes.

i think the series still uses those "musical interludes" a lot. which i don't mind. the osts are excellent! i bought all four :embrassed:

just bought this toy today for 20 bucks. it's made by bandai and is about 8 inches tall.

they had the other brand of eva , the one with all the weapons and shit and it's taller but it was only the black eva/angel,, kinda lame i figured so i got the eva 1 instead. if they would have had a larger eva 1 with more weapons and more posable i would have been all over it.

eva1toy293.jpg

just bought this toy today for 20 bucks. it's made by bandai and is about 8 inches tall.

they had the other brand of eva , the one with all the weapons and shit and it's taller but it was only the black eva/angel,, kinda lame i figured so i got the eva 1 instead. if they would have had a larger eva 1 with more weapons and more posable i would have been all over it.

eva1toy293.jpg

One of my life long dreams is to buy one of those Master Grade Eva01's that are super awesome and really really expensive. But I can only see myself wasting that much money on something like that if I had A LOT of money to waste.

eva1toy293.jpg

One of my life long dreams is to buy one of those Master Grade Eva01's that are super awesome and really really expensive. But I can only see myself wasting that much money on something like that if I had A LOT of money to waste.

yeah those are great. i must admit i felt like a real geek buying mine

I like Evangelion. But I don't get it. I watched the series plus movie, read all the available manga and I don't get stuff. Whats seele? Who or what are angels and adam and all that shit? Is there a good web site that explains those things? Or is everything just made up for being more mysterius. Because if that is so, it sucks.

Alright Trunkey, I just purchased the 11th volume. I see the manga series now follows the End of Evangelion's plot... I must re-read the whole series because I got lost in a few parts, though.

Alright Trunkey, I just purchased the 11th volume. I see the manga series now follows the End of Evangelion's plot... I must re-read the whole series because I got lost in a few parts, though.

yeah, i stopped reading for awhile i have to get back to it

• 4 months later...

nice timing, i just downloaded the first Rebuild of Evangelion film You Are (Not) Alone , and have only had time to skim thru it. so far it's not the shiny CG remake i expected, but almost a frame by frame retelling. the Angels do look a bit better rendered but i heard the story doesn't really change until parts 3 & 4.

below: left=old right =new

7d6901bb10.jpg

Edited by Rubin Farr

nice timing, i just downloaded the first Rebuild of Evangelion film You Are (Not) Alone , and have only had time to skim thru it. so far it's not the shiny CG remake i expected, but almost a frame by frame retelling. the Angels do look a bit better rendered but i heard the story doesn't really change until parts 3 & 4.

below: left=old right =new

7d6901bb10.jpg

i take it the next remakes will be called rebuild 2.0-4.0 ??