IGNORED

Autechre-Quaristice

Guest Rook

LP5's got Rae, dude lol.

Have you heard the a cappella version? It's amazing.

No, I tried to look for it but I can't seem to find a link that is not dead. Do you know where I can find it perhaps? Thanks.

Guest ezkerraldean
LP5's got Rae, dude lol.

Have you heard the a cappella version? It's amazing.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw fuck

where can i find this

Awesome, really interesting interview. Sounds like GBIII was right about the field recordings on Fol3/4. I can definitely hear the train noises now that it's been brought up, in fact a few of the synths on the bonus disc sounds like warped train horns to be honest.

Also interesting the weird abbreviations they had for their homemade equipment. It got me thinking, maybe the track names are just nicknames for their the gear they used to jam strung together. Seems like the boys would logically work that way...

I'd be willing to be that like half of the sounds on draft are field noises severely manipulated. Probably quite a bit on confield too. The Machinedrum's sampler is pretty good in my opinion.

Booth peeps. “Fol3†sounds like unwilling farm animals being pulled backward through a death chute.

haha, sounds not unlike something I would put in one of my reviews.

Edited by Rook

its an amazing album, am i the only person who enjoyed this album thoroughly on first listen?

I really like the whole 'versions' idea and for the record, i thought that almost every version track was better than the original, ESPECIALLY the plclcpc, anyways just my two cents

I like Quaristice a lot. But it is a firm seventh in my list of favorite Autechre albums.

Here is how I think of Quaristice:

Albitizz

The PlcLCpC

IO

Perlence-range3

SonDeremwave

Simmm

Paralel Suns

Tankraken

Rale

Theswere

SonDe-reix

90101-61-01

Fol4

WNSN

Chenc 9

Notwo

1:19:26

is this out yet?

yep. i thought i was the strongest autechre fan in the universe (collecting remixes, live sets, rare trx) but i realised this morning i didnt listened to any bits from quaristice yet!!

no preview, no bleep MP3, no leak : nada!

that's weird, like i'm losing it.. i only listened to my quaritsice metal box (starting with the special version by mistake) this very morning!!

dunno if you saw it but quaristice got a terrible review from Q magazine (not a surprise but still funny to find out shed seven has better critics than Ae).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest blutac

Ok so I got Quaristice months ago, was really excited about it, put it on, loved the first track then...

I haven't once listened to the album the whole way through.

It's really messed up, I get through the first few tracks then I start getting distracted and put on something else. And it gets worse, since I got it I haven't been able to listen to Confield (my favorite autechre) the whole way through either. It's like I can't handle the beats anymore.

Is this just a phase, something I'm going to get through and then love it again..?

It's like in this documentary i watched, which had a guy in it who was horny as fuck but couldn't get a boner when it came to sex. It's like every few days I sit down and think shit I can't wait to listen to some autechre, I put it on then I can't handle it. I don't think my musical tastes can have changed so suddenly.

what should I do?

Guest acridavid
Ok so I got Quaristice months ago, was really excited about it, put it on, loved the first track then...

I haven't once listened to the album the whole way through.

It's really messed up, I get through the first few tracks then I start getting distracted and put on something else. And it gets worse, since I got it I haven't been able to listen to Confield (my favorite autechre) the whole way through either. It's like I can't handle the beats anymore.

Is this just a phase, something I'm going to get through and then love it again..?

It's like in this documentary i watched, which had a guy in it who was horny as fuck but couldn't get a boner when it came to sex. It's like every few days I sit down and think shit I can't wait to listen to some autechre, I put it on then I can't handle it. I don't think my musical tastes can have changed so suddenly.

what should I do?

Lol, a phase probably.

I have it often. Since Quaristice I'm totally back into Autechre and have also been digging up other eletronic stuff. Just before that I was obsessed with NIN for some months and ignored pretty much anything else. Wasn't interested in beats anymore and was really loving guitar playing again. I dumped it when Quaristice triggered me and I rediscovered Confield goodness shortly after.