IGNORED

fold4,wrap5 - how it's done DISCUSSION/ARGUMENTS THREAD

modey

ok here is my interpretation, the mp3 contains my beat by itself, then a section of the original track with my beat over it. sorry about the crappy drum sounds, i made this rather quickly.

the buzz file is there for anyone who wants to know how i did it.

basically it starts at 265bpm and slows down gradually until the end of each pattern, landing on roughly 133bpm, then it doubles again at the start of the next pattern. the beat being played is in 4/4, but the speed of it doubles in the middle of the pattern, hence why it sounds like it's constantly slowing down.

fold4_wrap5.bmx

fold4_wrap5.mp3

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yup?

Yea, sounds like you got the bpm just right. Do you think this is how AE did it considering the gear they would have been using back in '98?

Guest Larry David

Nice work...it's always tuff to 'crack' autechre tracks....

Can you or someone try 777? Great prize to the first one who does....

Nice work...it's always tuff to 'crack' autechre tracks....

Can you or someone try 777? Great prize to the first one who does....

Obviously getting the sounds would be very hard, but 777 is very obviously in 7/8

Very nice. It's rare to hear user contributions that can be quite convincing. As Rook had alluded, it's even more impressive considering they figured this out in 1998. Fwiw, I still think this is relatively difficult to pull successfully. It'd be easier to do in Max, however since most modern day DAWs run off of a global tempo, it'd be difficult to arrange the entire mix as it would fuck with everything in the background as well.

You probably already know that though.

Shit, if anyone here can pull of 777 I would be very stoked.

PS - I've been having some great romance explosions with Reason 4, approaching it more modularly (like I feel it was intended), rather timeline based. I'd love to hear some people pull of Autechre sounding shit in there.

rae is a 4/4 rhythm with lots of triplets that change where they go in the beat every bar, and cycle after three changes or so. listen for the triplets and try to find where they repeat, is my suggestion for following the beat.

i can't really do it, but i think that if i really concentrated i might be able to follow it.

i love the sound of the drums in that song. :heart:

:ok:

Though that sounds nothing like 777 . :wink2:

i don't understand -- were you asking whether someone could re-create the beat or re-create the whole song?

Archived