IGNORED

Now Reading

Guest The Vidiot

I'm reading Ghost by Allen Lightman. Here's the description:

From Publishers Weekly

In this smartly paced novel from the author of Einstein's Dreams, a divorced, former banker witnesses a supernatural event, inspiring him to continue the search for something that has hovered in the back of his mind throughout his life. A promising, handsome student in his younger years, middle-aged David struggles to restore order to his life and relationships after being sacked from his middling bank job. The search leads him to the local funeral home, where he takes a job as an apprentice among a cast less hip than the Six Feet Under crew, but compelling in a quieter way—the director, Martin, is a fatherly figure whose allegiance to his inherited profession rules an existence otherwise restricted by severe agoraphobia. After David has a vision he can't describe in words in the home's slumber room, he gets agitated to the point where he is compelled to confess to a loose-lipped friend. Soon, David's vision becomes a local media event, with unwanted consequences. Familiar questions about the existence of God, life after death and the fluidity of time arise, and the cast doesn't get the detail it deserves. But the momentum that builds alongside David's ensuing psychological turmoil is enough to carry the story. (Oct.)

Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.

Guest DMWalles

Just finished "Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius" by Dave Eggers

Now Reading "The Amazing Adventures of Kavelier and Clay" by Michael Chabon

Guest The Vidiot
also: American Psycho - Bret Eastern Ellis

That's Easton Ellis, Chris. Good book. Read Glamorama afterward. It's the best thing he's ever done...epic.

Guest maoam

Berlin by Anthony Beevor. Great book, has taken me 3 months to read partly because its a fairly rigorous historical account and because i had eye surgery and have had to pretty much learn how to read over again.

About to start Chuck Palahniuk's 'Rant' now that it's finally out in paperback.

i saw this the other day, but i dont know if i have it in me to read another palahniuk book, im not 17 anymore

a friend gave me a copy of Keep the Aspidistra Flying, so im reading that

('suttree' is mccarthy's best book, i think)

edna millay - selected poems

robert carter (ed.) - traditional japanese poetry

jonathan lear - aristotle: the desire to understand

archimandrite sophrony - on prayer

franz rosenzweig - the star of redemption

Guest zaphod

read the crossing or the road or suttree. but i'm kind of tired of mccarthy, he's overbearing and a lot of his writing isn't actually that good.

Guest Replicant
HEMINGWAY - "THE SHORT STORIES"

Fuck yeah on that. As good as they get. Also check out Raymond Carver's short stories (well all he ever wrote were shorts).

Finished The Magus by John Fowels. One of the best ever as far as philosophy, mystery, sex and Greece go.

Reading Catch-22 now. Tough to digest. One of the most literally insane narratives I've encountered.

Guest awkward
About to start Chuck Palahniuk's 'Rant' now that it's finally out in paperback.

readable as always but not much interest in the content. read it on trains.

i dont know if i have it in me to read another palahniuk book, im not 17 anymore

haha exactly. i won't pick up another. i got stuck in a only-reading-authors who-i-knew-when-i-was-15-20 type loop and infact i've never really come out of it. i'm still looking forward to the new iain banks books. how sad.

albert camus - the fall

inspired the greatest band ever!

i kinda wanna read it but i think it might be a bit shallow to read a book that inspired a band.

Edited by awkward

Guest awkward

well lets see. what am i reading...

Mome 11 (comic book)

gullivers travels

a users guide to the fall by dave thompson

mark e smith autobiography (soonish)

just finished

kramers ergot 5 & 6.

damn those are some incredible and inspiring books.

and soon i wanna read vonneguts galapagos again as it started my vonnegut kick

Guest endangered betche

Just finished Palahniuk's new one, Snuff. The premise (one girl, 600 guys) is interesting, but the plot meanders. Sort of short. Just ok.

:undecided:

Guest Al Hounos
he's overbearing and a lot of his writing isn't actually that good.

you'll take that back write now. :devil: