IGNORED

Plaid Live + Broadcasts + Interviews

Guest CATS

Guest ruiagnelo

Recently dug this Plaid interview out of an old draw.. haven't seen/read it anywhere on the net so i transcribed it for the board. enjoy!

Plaid - Magic Feet Interview, mf022 (06/1999)

Thanks a lot magdog! Will definitely read it as soon as i have time.

Guest ruiagnelo

It's a very interesting read. So Ken was the one who got most of the equipment. I thought i heard the opposite.

Anyway, Not For 333's really is a great album and considering Plaid's financial situation at that time, it just proves how good they are.

I guess they are well now, making a lot of money from shows and even record sales.

My pleasure mate. Yeah, it looks like Plaid had to basically rebuild their sound and studio with 'Not For 333's' being the result. I can really hear the freedom they felt in making that album, yes, it does go off in many directions but that's what it's like when you've been made free... running and jumping everywhere in apprehension and excitement! I do hope they are comfortable enough now to live and make their music without financial worry, it's the least they deserve after all the hard work and long years they've put in.

Edited by magdog

Guest ruiagnelo

My pleasure mate. Yeah, it looks like Plaid had to basically rebuild their sound and studio and 'Not For 333's' was the result. I can really hear the freedom they felt in making that album, yes, it does go off in many directions but that's what it's like when you've been made free... running and jumping everywhere in apprehension and excitement! I do hope they are comfortable enough now to live and make their music without financial worry, it's the least they deserve after all the hard work and long years they've put in.

I think they are really strong in their philosophy about music. As a consequence they successfully resist to the strength of mainstream shit and keep on doing their stuff. I hope scintilli is coming soon. Really want to hear their current sound.

Guest sirch

Recently dug this Plaid interview out of an old draw.. haven't seen/read it anywhere on the net so i transcribed it for the board. enjoy!

Plaid - Magic Feet Interview, mf022 (06/1999)

Thanks a lot magdog! Will definitely read it as soon as i have time.

Seconded! thanks, magdog. looks like an interesting read. getting on it nowwwwww........

cheers :)

Guest sirch

I think they are really strong in their philosophy about music. As a consequence they successfully resist to the strength of mainstream shit and keep on doing their stuff.

I completely agree with this.

they've always done their own thing, and not given into making some easy-peasey 'bangin'-techno' supermarket club dance-chart- fucking 'album of the minute, single of the second' -bullshit, to pay their rent and get 'famous' lol, which they could obviously do in 5 minutes, if they had no morals or principles! fs i even remember they turned down doing a car advert for 80 grand or something ridiculous like that!!!!!! sooooooo many people would've done that in a second, without giving it a thought.

so good for them for not being dicks! massive respect for that. :)

so glad they work in this way.. respect to them both.

this is also why we shouldn't be rushing them for their next album.. i want it as bad as the next person (so to speak ;) but, these things can't be rushed.

Guest sirch

yeah actually you're right mate.

apologies to Plaid for me earlier Scintilli frustrations rant, sorries :)

it was just with another fekkin Ae 10 tracks coming out so soon after the last one... y'know... it blew a fuse with me a bit.

no rush tho, Plaid.. no rush. just aslong as it's bloody good when it's finally released! hehe :)

Edited by sirch

it was just with another fekkin Ae 10 tracks coming out so soon after the last one... y'know... it blew a fuse with me a bit.

no rush tho, Plaid.. no rush. just aslong as it's bloody good when it's finally released! hehe :)

hehe.. i'm sure they understand mate ;)

mmm... Ae 10 track. nice!

Guest sirch

hehe.. i'm sure they understand mate ;)

mmm... Ae 10 track. nice!

i'll probably like it, but would've prefered said Plaid rekkid, y'know.. *sniff* *cry* *pine* lol :))))

Dunno if these have already been posted up somewhere on the forum.. anyway, enjoy :)

Xtacid Report: BANGFACE WEEKENDER 2010

How could I have missed these uploads!? 4:57 into video two is where it is at, just absolutely amazing! Someone finally got a recording of Parasight live other than that minute snippet from last year. As much as I want new stuff from Ed and Andy as Plaid, I cannot deny how much I would love some new Balil/Atypic/Tura/Close,Up,Over material; be it all original or reworkings of older material.

Going to be playing this one A LOT!

Guest sirch

the abstract science one is a wicked set. think i'll have a listen to it again right now! cheers, magdog. :)

Definitely worth another listen mate.. lots of cool versions + one or two exclusives me thinks.

giving Autechre @ flex in Vienna another listen :)

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Interview with Ed and Andy talking about their ideas of future music and ideas about where their music is going also follows them walking around field recording.. very nice indeed!

Plaid Feature. Taken from Slices Issue 1-09.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33dyMaJqHfU

• 2 weeks later...

Tizz all good.. yeah, best video interview with Ed & Andy Dog i've seen as well.. they've been there and done the lot :)

Guest sirch

Andy looks proper fierce in that video! lol.. when they're sat down talking.

by far the best video interview i've ever seen aswell. everything they say about (electronic) music is true.

and they must still be doing alright financially from their music and things if Andy can afford that huge beast of a car!! :sorcerer:

Edited by sirch

Yeah man, he meant business. I aways enjoy listening to their interviews because i just happen to agree 99.99% of what they say.. not telling you the 00.01% of what i disagree with ;) serious tho, they are a pair of cool muthers! When they were talking about making something new and different i was jumping around the room, nearly fell out my window!

Guest sirch

Yeah man, he meant business. I aways enjoy listening to their interviews because i just happen to agree 99.99% of what they say.. not telling you the 00.01% of what i disagree with ;) serious tho, they are a pair of cool muthers! When they were talking about making something new and different i was jumping around the room, nearly fell out my window!

lol! this was you: :yeah: :)

it's definitely all pretty exciting tho, agreed. i can't wait much longer for Scintilli!!

but this is obviously why it has taken so long, because they were wanting to make something different, not just (a)typical Plaid stuff i guess... if ya know what i mean.

Spokes was really different to Double Figure and P-Brane. Greedy Baby was completely different to Spokes. and most of their soundtrack tracks have been fairly different to the stuff on Greedy Baby, especially the Heaven's Door album.

so... Scintilli should be completely different again. i just wish warp would hurry the fuck up and put it out!!

was good seeing them walking about London recording sounds... Ed looked well happy with the kids in the playground recording they got.. lol, and Andy just looked like a Badass! :cool:

Edited by sirch

Hehe.. that was me! :lol::)

If you look back to all their previous albums they're all quite different really, from Mbuki Mbuki, Black Dog Productions through to Plaids later albums. This has always been an exciting part about listening to Ed & Andys music for me. Because they can make just about any kind of electronic music you never quite know what your going to get - you just know it's going to be quality! They idea of these guys in the studio thinking of new ways of making music gives me something to get excited about too!