IGNORED

New Autechre/Hafler Trio collaboration

Guest Ephphatha

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha yeah...the first time I listened to it me and my buddy dropped a high dose of LSD first. Jesus fucking Christ we flipped out so hard when that happened! Just completely hypnotized, lost in a haze of deep, twisted hallucinations and suddenly - BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ WELCOME BACK TO REALITY FUCKERS!!! Good times though

I promise it's 150% worth it to hear in 5.1! I listen to a lot of things in surround, and often the mixes are hit or miss, but they really utilized the medium to its fullest potential here.

Also another cool effect is in the first track, the "demented sewing machine" sound, as I call it, circles around you slowly as the volume and intensity rises and falls. At times it will be only in the back speakers, really quietly, but will twist and cortort itself back up front or on all sides, just becoming immense. It really fucks with your head.

didn't notice this at all on either of my 5.1 setups, maybe it was just really subtle. Did you get the same effect not on acid?

I promise it's 150% worth it to hear in 5.1! I listen to a lot of things in surround, and often the mixes are hit or miss, but they really utilized the medium to its fullest potential here.

Also another cool effect is in the first track, the "demented sewing machine" sound, as I call it, circles around you slowly as the volume and intensity rises and falls. At times it will be only in the back speakers, really quietly, but will twist and cortort itself back up front or on all sides, just becoming immense. It really fucks with your head.

didn't notice this at all on either of my 5.1 setups, maybe it was just really subtle. Did you get the same effect not on acid?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure. I haven't listened to it in quite a while but I do remember the sounds circling around on all speakers. Its real slow though, very subtle if I recall.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived