IGNORED

First U-Ziq u heard

Guest The Bro

Guest AOOproductions

His On remix is legendary and is the first thing I ever heard. Then that album that I hated... In Pine Effect, which to this day I think is pig fodder. Then I heard Lunatic Harness and Royal Astronomy and my attitudes towards him greatly changed into love. And then I heard Meinheld and I came in my pants.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I caught his DJ sets at Reading festival in 1999, when I had no idea who he was. I think les rhythm digitales, roni size reprezent and bentley rhythm ace were also on the bill. I remember being very drunk on cider and enjoying it muchly, whilst the rest of my mates (we were all 17) were moshing at the main stage to The Offspring and shit like that.

I have never heard U-Ziq.

The first Mu-Ziq album I got, however, was Lunatic Harness, at age 14.

I have never heard U-Ziq or Mu-Ziq.

The first µ-Ziq album I got, however, was Tango N' Vectif, at age 18.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Bubz

royal astronomy when i was like 13. i wasn't amazed at all and didn't listen to anything else by mike till like four years afterwards. every time i listen to royal astronomy now i am reminded of how naive my ears were then.

Balsa Lightning way back around 95. a friend of mine was djing at a rave and he dropped this. I asked him what it was and he showed me the hockeyplayer album cover and I went out and got the cd about a week later. Salsa with Mesquite.

Guest Abuse

Lunatic Harness. During the first track I was like OMFG this has got to be the greatest album I've ever heard

but then as the album was over I thought maybe not :trashbear:

I don't really care for u-Ziq.

• 1 month later...

Either tango'n'vectif or Bluff Limbo, both of which I loved immediately. followed closely by In Pine Effect which I still rate very highly in Mike's catalogue.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest WOIAJO

Tango 'N' Vectif. I remember thinking that it was the best and most fully realized debut album I'd ever heard. Still think so.

same here...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived