IGNORED

melbourne watmmers thread—current news: new monthly IDM night starting soon

modey

Guest bitroast

or if any interstate people will roadtrip down for this once in a lifetime warp20 experience.

or if any overseas people will be boating it to australia to experience just how racist we really are firsthand.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 years later...

One of my roommates is from Melbourne. Her sister offered her place to stay if I ever go there. Hmmmmmmmmmm.

DO IT

I want to visit melbourne one year during the australian open. probably in about 5 years.... are there beaches? are they nice?

There are beaches in melb, but they're probably not as good as say, sydney or perth's beaches. I wouldn't know though since I haven't been to the beach once since I moved here!

Yeah, I see him around sometimes. He's doing quite well, actually. Last time I saw him was at a Seinfeld party where he brought along his bass and played the theme every hour, it was amazing.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

yo melb m8s, bumping this thread because I'm in the process of putting together a monthly chilled IDM/weird electronic night at Forgotten Worlds in Collingwood, the first one is on the 22nd of April. Basic idea is to have two live acts and a DJ, or three live acts with a curated playlist in between. For the first one we've got Miles Cosmo rocking some Elektron boxes, Orlando Furious doing his usual uncategorisable thing, and myself either doing a monomachine/nanoloop set or bringing some classic Warp/Rephlex records and attempting a crude DJ set.

Check it out if you're in the area! It should be a good night. If you haven't been to Forgotten Worlds it's basically a wattmer's paradise—old arcade games, craft beer, VHS cabinet+all-in-one VCR/CRT combo, good pizza next door that will deliver to the venue, and it's next to a 3d printer store!

11102680_10206116973434550_1963481236166

Guest bitroast

yo melb m8s, bumping this thread because I'm in the process of putting together a monthly chilled IDM/weird electronic night at Forgotten Worlds in Collingwood, the first one is on the 22nd of April. Basic idea is to have two live acts and a DJ, or three live acts with a curated playlist in between. For the first one we've got Miles Cosmo rocking some Elektron boxes, Orlando Furious doing his usual uncategorisable thing, and myself either doing a monomachine/nanoloop set or bringing some classic Warp/Rephlex records and attempting a crude DJ set.

Check it out if you're in the area! It should be a good night. If you haven't been to Forgotten Worlds it's basically a wattmer's paradise—old arcade games, craft beer, VHS cabinet+all-in-one VCR/CRT combo, good pizza next door that will deliver to the venue, and it's next to a 3d printer store!

yesss!!

this is happening.

Archived