IGNORED

Rate Your Lunch™

Joyrex

Today I had two Chicken Poblano tacos with chips and salsa from this place (creatively named "Taco Taco") I've seen, but had not tried before. 2.50 per taco, and they had a nice choice of exotic meats - Al Pastor, Barbacoa, Picadillo, the aforementioned Chicken in creamy Poblano sauce, fajita, etc. They also serve breakfast tacos, so I might try them out for that as well. Not too far of a walk from my job, down in the tunnel system of Downtown Houston.

Overall: 4/5 (recommended, will try again)

The tacos had generous portions of chicken (fajita-style), and I had the taco girl put cilantro and fresh diced tomatoes on them, all wrapped in what appeared to be a homemade flour tortilla. If I had any complaint, it would be the Poblano sauce was not spicy enough - easily fixed though with salsa from the chips (which were standard restaurant-style tortilla chips), and the salsa tasted homemade, not a bottled version.

So, what did everyone else have for lunch today?

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Idrn

woke up very hungover, couldnt be bothered to cook, all my food had been rinsed from the night before so...

Finders Crispy Pancakes.

was never allowed them as a kid. they were in the freezer, just sitting there.

i did a bad thing. :(

Guest Deep Fried Everything

- an orange, very sweet and bright in flavor which i'm really surprised at since it is pretty late in the season

- some Fage yogurt with peach preserves (dannon can go eat a dick)

- cinnamon-raisin bagel w/hummous made by some Lebanese peeps around the corner from where i work, a+++ would recommend

all in all a good lunch, but should have brought in a plain bagel for the hummous.

final rating: 3.25/5

I had my usual which is an apple and a soynut butter & jam sandwich on fennel seed sour bread. I can't get tired of peanut butter or soynut!

subway 5$ roast beef foot long

swiss cheese, sweet peppers, lettuce tomato, olive, salt and pepper with extra pepper, and oil and vinegar

baked lays

dude JR how's the picadillo at that joint? i love picadillo

decided not to work at all today, I had a qdoba pork burrito, a pack of original jack links beef jerky, and some bbq sunflower seeds. 3.9/5

mozzarella sandwich from the conservatory's cafeteria. rubbery cheesy and stale bread, tomato was hard and had greenish hues. i'm disheartened and am contemplating upper-decking their soup pot. 1 out of 5, not recommended.

subway 5$ roast beef foot long

swiss cheese, sweet peppers, lettuce tomato, olive, salt and pepper with extra pepper, and oil and vinegar

baked lays

dude JR how's the picadillo at that joint? i love picadillo

Haven't tried it yet - it looked pretty good, with peppers and onions intermixed with the ground beef. All the meat selections looked pretty good, hence why I decided to give it a go.

Guest Drahken

Epic Pizza.

Went to a local pizza/italian place with a friend of mine who used to work there for nearly a decade and decided to exact some revenge on their current employees with a most epic pizza.

1/4 Shotzy (Mustard Sauce, Swiss, Mozzarella, Polish Sausage, Sauerkraut, Onions)

1/4 Wimpy (Mustard Sauce, Hamburger, Cheese, Lettuce, Tomato, Etc)

1/4 House (Regular Sauce, Sausage, Pepperoni, Cheese, Mushrooms, Black Olives, Onions and Green Peppers)

1/4 Meat (All there meat toppings and regular sauce)

Needless to say they probably hated us for the complexity of the order, but god damn was that one tasty fucking pizza.

Guest assegai

At work about to take a late lunch. Plan on stopping by the Deli for Tuna on a sesame bagel with potato chips, lemon Gatorade and milano cookies. We roll pretty deep here.

Guest margaret thatcher

i'm trying to eat the dodgiest food possible so that i can end up with my head in a toilet and blag not having to do these exams. so yesterday i ate a massively undercooked omelette and today i had massively undercooked seafood pasta.

Guest Idrn

oh shit i just remembered i accidently bit into raw chicken last night. 1/5

also, americans sounds like they have so much easily accessible awesome food. is all this stuff you describe expensive?

Guest Sir Winston

Nothing as the canteen at work fucking sucks. So for me 5/5 for not eating that shit in the first place.

Like Brachiosaur I didn't eat anything and I usually don't, so I'll rate my breakfast instead:

A smoothie consisting of one banana, a bunch of wild berries, milk, half a spoonful of vanilla, and 1/4 spoonful of cinnamon.

4/5

I'm still looking for that magic ingredient to spice up my breakfast smoothies. I think I'll have to try and put in some mango.

Btw. I'm trying to improve my eating habits, so that's why I make smoothies for breakfast. No more red meat because it fucks up my stomach, so from now on it's fruit, fish, vegetables, and chicken.

Archived