IGNORED

first time aphex expierence

Guest Calx Sherbet

How and when did you hear about Aphex?

I was on a Mindless Self Indulgence forum (MSIfan.com), and someone wanted to be cheered up so someone posted the Come To Daddy video. It was early last summer.

My first songs were Windowlicker and Alberto Balsalm off of a lounge CD.

:ok:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest AOOproductions

the first time i ever heard Rhubarb I came for the whole length of the song!

but seriously, has anyone ever had an orgasm without any physical stimulis? can it be done? maybe RDJ can do it, maybe he's constantly cuming while composing? Maybe Thats why his music is so... ORGASMIC!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: ^this should probs be my last post for all our sakes...

Guest Helper ET
. But every once in a while I listen to a brilliant release like Rushup Edge or ALRIGHT! and I get taken back to a certain time of nostalgia... :smile:

those are not brilliant releases.

Guest AOOproductions
. But every once in a while I listen to a brilliant release like Rushup Edge or ALRIGHT! and I get taken back to a certain time of nostalgia... :smile:

really, o crap. I guess I should throw them out then?

A friend of mine who told me I should check out his work so I bought Richard D. James album. I listened to it on a roadtrip and literally had to turn down the volume because I found it too distracting. At that point the only electronic music I was listening to was Chemical Brothers and Daft Punk so I was pretty overwhelmed by his work. It was the summer before my first year in college and I've been obsessed with his material since.

really, o crap. I guess I should throw them out then?

yess.

thank you for listening. GOOD BYE

Guest criscodisco

Something sparked my interest in electronica last October. Maybe it was my immense appreciation for Kid A, but I'm not quite sure. Anyway, I checked out I Care Because You Do from the library, and put it on my iTunes. I instantly loved Mookid and Alberto Balsalm. The next few months were spent acquiring the rest of his albums and becoming mildly obsessed.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw the Come to Daddy video....thought it was a NIN ripoff.....

Then I bought (don't laugh) MTV's Amp which had the girl/boy song on it.

After that, I knew that I had to collect everything this man had made...

Including drukqs on vinyl...Just so I could have the widescreen view of the album art. lol

Guest Kibreg

about 11 years ago... milkman was sent/recommended to me by a fellow industrial-music fan. recognized the artist name as a remixer on the NIN Spiral remix disc. decided I had to check out more by whoever made these (milkman, heart of it all, eraser remix).

soon bought the RDJ album, saw him perform later that year at a small warehouse in California, and the rest is history.

Archived