IGNORED

New Shit

BCM

JoMoX is pretty much it, unless you have $3000 for a Kentonised 808

I have an AirBase 99 and yep, it does incredible kicks. (edit: fitrst track on my myspace uses all the analogue instruments in the airbase, and only the analogue ones)

You can also get analogue single drum modules, and ther also the TBS / MAM / Vermona DRM-1 (all actually the same unit with small tweaks)

Like the MFB, it's got a "pre 808" vibe and is better suited to tweaking than thumping acid beatz:

drm1silver1big.jpg

what analogue single drum modules are you referring to? like the Analogue solutions 808 bass drum clone one?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest analogue wings
what analogue single drum modules are you referring to? like the Analogue solutions 808 bass drum clone one?

yeah. and the "concussor" series, assuming those arent the same thing.

edit: they are the same thing.

Guest rex sole

I'd augment that 502 with a Jomox MBase 09 (kick drum generator), it'd be a pretty formidable set o' drum sounds then.

The Vermona drums are pretty sweet too, if I didn't have an 808 and Machinedrum I'd grab one of those and the MBase 09 for the kicks and be very happy.

lol my mate used to have a rave-o-lution 309.....it was quality!

Sold my 309 to get my Machinedrum,

I still miss it. :unhappy:

I ran it alongside my mates 909 and 808 and it held its own with little effort but then you can get some really wild bass drum sounds the Rolands can't even dream of.

It's the Quasimidi filter thats magic ingredient as it overdrives and add's bass like an analogue instead of loosing it like many other digital distortions do, I have to struggle a little to get close with my Machinedrum.

Anyhowz back on topic and what are anyones thoughts on the Kraftzwerg?

I'm iching for a new analogue and I'm torn between an Evolver the Kraftzwerg or trying to blagg my mate to sell me back the Pro1 I foolishly sold him years ago. :sad:

Guest rex sole

The Kraftzwerg turned up today, and I'm so far pretty impressed with it. Despite it's DIY project feel it's got that raw analogue vibe to it that can cut through bone... managed to get some creamy Moogish 3-osc detuned basses out of it, as well as some MS-20like ear-splitting screams and splats. No portamento is slightly annoying but for 2 LFOs, 3 Oscillators, 2 ADSRs, ring-mod and just about everything patchable I'm willing to compromise.

I'll demo something up this weekend, most likely! It'll be interesting to see how well it stays in tune, seeing as that's the biggest complaint I've seen about MFB synths on the 'net.

Regarding the Evolver, there's absolutely no reason not to get one, they sound amazing and have so many features for the price point it's really quite remarkable. Don't let anyone on the internet tell you that the filters on the new DSI stuff are 'thin' or any such rot, they create a very satisfying bottom end and I love it. The only downside is that the Desktop Evolver has the most impenetrable interface I've ever come across, I almost gave up on it at first but it's so worth deciphering it's perculiarities.

I've read they have their little quirks but for the money they're certainly a bang for the buck.

I'm interested in the Evolver too but that UI has me cautious as even though I could program my ole Waldorf Pulse in a similar matrix style it wasn't much fun to navigate.

The Kraftzwerg turned up today, and I'm so far pretty impressed with it. Despite it's DIY project feel it's got that raw analogue vibe to it that can cut through bone... managed to get some creamy Moogish 3-osc detuned basses out of it, as well as some MS-20like ear-splitting screams and splats. No portamento is slightly annoying but for 2 LFOs, 3 Oscillators, 2 ADSRs, ring-mod and just about everything patchable I'm willing to compromise.

I'll demo something up this weekend, most likely! It'll be interesting to see how well it stays in tune, seeing as that's the biggest complaint I've seen about MFB synths on the 'net.

Regarding the Evolver, there's absolutely no reason not to get one, they sound amazing and have so many features for the price point it's really quite remarkable. Don't let anyone on the internet tell you that the filters on the new DSI stuff are 'thin' or any such rot, they create a very satisfying bottom end and I love it. The only downside is that the Desktop Evolver has the most impenetrable interface I've ever come across, I almost gave up on it at first but it's so worth deciphering it's perculiarities.

will look forward to hearing the kraftzwerg demo!

Archived