IGNORED

Good music similar to Analord and the Tuss

saikobjorn

Please refer to the topic title. I'm eager to hear more of this kinda stuff, but I don't really know of much, apart from some Luke Vibert material which is awesome.

Edit: Oh, and do be kind and write down good album titles as well as the artists' names =)

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest AphexTom9

Last Step if you like Aaron Funk's time signature wankery (i do...)

Ceephax if you like more straightforward acid

Tipper is cool, but I dont put him in the same class as the above.

Alright! Thanks y'all. Now I've got an agenda for this day, namely to listen to a bit of all of this =) I've heard the Last Step album, but did'nt feel it was at all up to par with Richard's stuff. Wisp is great, though he makes so much colder music than Richard. Somehow I've felt a strong urge to listen to hot melancholy acid the last month. If anyone knows of more goodies please don't hesitate to prolong the list.

Regards

Atom Hart’s ‘Real Intelligence’ series isn’t a million miles away from the Analord stuff and ‘Colourform’ by The Higher Intelligence Agency is very analogue tho it’s been a while since I heard it.

Could it be argued that Mr James ripped off Ceephax a little as parts of his 1st ‘Ceephax Acid Crew’ album sounds like it could almost be off an Analord EP?

Guest Kenneth172
Could it be argued that Mr James ripped off Ceephax a little as parts of his 1st ‘Ceephax Acid Crew’ album sounds like it could almost be off an Analord EP?

I hear what you saying. And I have a sneaking suspicion Krafty Aphex got a bit influenced there.

I hear what you saying. And I have a sneaking suspicion Krafty Aphex got a bit influenced there.

That's just out right bollocks.. IMO

Guest Kenneth172

Cool. Thanks for teaching us all about elektro. In all fairness the Ceephax Acid Crew album was released two years before the Analord releases. I suggest listening through Ceephax's album again and check out the Analord-ness.............. I think our fellow member 'soundwave' has made a plausible (albeit unconfirmed) comparison, methinks.

well it's safe to say that ceephax was influenced somewhat by aphex in the first place (universal indicator).

the similarity lies in some of the equipment used, that's all.

Guest Kenneth172

Yes, there are inherent similarities because of the equipment used but the style is the same genre. I don't think Aphex went out of his way to 'copy' Ceephax, he deserves more respect than that. But as I said the album that has been referred to here was released two years before the Analord series was released. The Analord series was a new direction for Aphex. He isn't the one and only creator of this type of sound. Other artists with a less-than-god-like status compared to Aphex deserve more credit.

Archived