IGNORED

Good music similar to Analord and the Tuss

saikobjorn

Guest placidburp
Ahhh, what a refreshing thread! Thanks for this a lot. Its a top notch comparing to recent threads with mostly obscure, sexual harrasing texts.

I find this one as refreshing as Aphex's set at Melt Festival, where I learned Wisp, Breakage, Macc & Dgohn and the others. EOD, Impakt, Fah, Odan - are just great.

So now my turn:

Untrkmind,

like Odan, on arp-records.com. Check ARP02 (http://www.archive.org/details/Untrkmind-CuOnTheEggs). Also check this mix: http://That Other Site™.com/mb/100904/untrkmind-amp-alex-trevethick, its Untrkmind with Alex Trevethick. Sounds quite 'tussage'.... Btw. this mix mp3 file is strange, i cannot fastforward, or rewind (Winamp), but the content is just fine (i must admit i brutally re-encoded it, to solve this issue :)).

Alex Trevethick - http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endID=217153907

Also on EOD, checkout his supposedly hidden subcatalog on EAP web page: http://002q.com/various/, there is a nice 70minutes jamm of EOD and Khonnor there + lots of analogue/acid material.

And EOD and Current: http://002q.com/CN/

Enjoy!

I Love Untrkmind's stuff! He has finished with the Untk project now though and started something different. You can find, imo, one of his best tracks on the THEMrecords compilation here - http://www.mediafire.com/?mexbsbckcht. Loads of good tracks on it besides, well worth a listen. :D

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Super lurker ultra V12
I think Impakt is kind of good

and the Impakt who created Defcon

yeah, impakt is definitely excellent music.

• 7 months later...
Sure there is music out there that sounds similar to analord and the tuss, but nothing thats even comes close to the depth and attention to detail of these records. The Tuss puts every analog based music ever created to shame.

The Tuss is very good and a digitaly edited improvement on some of the mediocre disposable stuff on a few on the Analord LP's (there's still some fucking excellent tracks mind) but excuse me if I say you really dont know what the fuck your talking about if you think it puts all other analogue synth recordings of the past 30yrs in the shade.

Richard is good but not that good (yet).

yeah and to top it off since when are sequenced breakbeat samples analogue? fucking weird!

Guest sickboy
Sure there is music out there that sounds similar to analord and the tuss, but nothing thats even comes close to the depth and attention to detail of these records. The Tuss puts every analog based music ever created to shame.

The Tuss is very good and a digitaly edited improvement on some of the mediocre disposable stuff on a few on the Analord LP's (there's still some fucking excellent tracks mind) but excuse me if I say you really dont know what the fuck your talking about if you think it puts all other analogue synth recordings of the past 30yrs in the shade.

Richard is good but not that good (yet).

yeah and to top it off since when are sequenced breakbeat samples analogue? fucking weird!

tell u what why dont you shut up for a change

Guest Calx Sherbet
Analord sounds very Detroit techno. Try listening to non IDM electronic music for once.

in_search_of_sunrise_6_ibiza__mixed_by_tiesto.jpg

Guest narkeworld

5 pages and no talk of Diatomyc, you guys are lost. I'll give you a few points for tallking about old acid house but that's it. :smile: I must admit though I'm not into old acid house I'm more into second generation acid.

why don't you post a link to a fucking video instead of acting condescending. It would be more educational to learn about the music than your winning personality

i wouldn't call mr fingers ahead of his time, but rather timeless. his music fitted the time it was made in. it's just that it still is as good as it was back then. pure awesomeness.

i wouldn't call mr fingers ahead of his time, but rather timeless. his music fitted the time it was made in. it's just that it still is as good as it was back then. pure awesomeness.

yeah true.. well said

5 pages and no talk of Diatomyc, you guys are lost. I'll give you a few points for tallking about old acid house but that's it. :smile: I must admit though I'm not into old acid house I'm more into second generation acid.

i've got a couple of Diatomyc records. Mike Dred stuff - Needle Cracker etc.... good stuff!

Guest narkeworld
why don't you post a link to a fucking video instead of acting condescending. It would be more educational to learn about the music than your winning personality

Just thought it was funny, that's all. Diatomyc was a label that R&S put together for a few Mike Dred releases, that was until CJ Bolland put out an ep on that label, Dr. Fernando put out a release on Diatomyc as well + some other guys put out stuff on Diatomyc. But the Mike Dred releases on that label are just wicked, my favorite is the track 'Sensory Deception' which has a really sinister acid line in it. I don't think there are any Diatomyc releases on you tube right now + I'm kind of a luddite in that I don't want to learn how to link to things. Ok these are some of the labels that come to mind at the moment that put out (imo) really nice 90's intelligent techno. Check them out and sorry for coming off like a prick.:)

ACV

New Electronica

Hot Trax

G.P.R.

Drop Bass Network

Pulsar

Analog

Labworks

Re-Load

Re-Load Ambient

Magnetic North

Eevo Lute Muzique

Sahko

Ifach

Trelik

early Isophlux

Out of Orbit (the ACV subsidiary)

Pal SL

JJ

Irdial

early Pure Plastic

Axodya

A13

Kromode

Generator

Mathematics

Probe

Plus 8

Machine Codes

Djax-Up-Beats

Holzplatten

Eurk

Shockwave Records (for the Drexciya and Underground Resistance releases)

Underground Resistance (pretty obvious)

B12 records

A.R.T. (Kirk Degiorgio's label)

Source

Likemind

S.N.S. (Sounds Never Seen, Lody D's label)

Beam Me Up!

Axis

M-Plant

Rephlex (of course)

Acid Orange

Bunker

Acid Planet

Nature

Interr-Ference Communications

Reference Analog Audio

I never really got into straight up Detroit techno I was always more interested in European stuff but Planet E, Metroplex, and Transmat are nice. The Detroit labels I liked/like the most were/are Underground Resistance, M-Plant, and Axis.

unit moebius - untitled (bunker 003) is seriously underrated, again and imo. amazingly varied ep, seeing they were heavily into (and on) acid. too bad only biosoft made it onto their status album. the other tracks are quality as well.

Guest narkeworld
unit moebius - untitled (bunker 003) is seriously underrated, again and imo. amazingly varied ep, seeing they were heavily into (and on) acid. too bad only biosoft made it onto their status album. the other tracks are quality as well.

I had the Sewer ep from Unit Mobius which was just immense, I sold it to go to college in 2001. I want that ep back and it's like a million dollars now hehe

Please refer to the topic title. I'm eager to hear more of this kinda stuff, but I don't really know of much, apart from some Luke Vibert material which is awesome.

Edit: Oh, and do be kind and write down good album titles as well as the artists' names =)

I've started writing a bit in that style.

Go here and listen to "Gary."

downArrow.gif

there's lots of the unit up at beatport nowadays. perhaps the sewer ep as well, in some form

edit: yes it is.

sewer is a classic, and dolfinarium is an evergreen space out trip

Archived