IGNORED

black metal

Guest Z_B_Z

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tv_party
Can someone please recommend me some Math Metal.

daughters - canada songs

curl up and die - Unfortunately, We're Not Robots

into the moat

some girls

I'm really looking forward to the new Velvet Cacoon album, if it's actually real.

me too. among other nonsense i read it's supposed to be an ambient album.

Racist music for racists.

really? i don't think i'm the slightest bit racist, but i love black metal. why does it have to be associated with racism? i don't study and live by the lyrics, i just like the textures of the music and vocals.

Just winding you up guys

blut aus nord is the wailingmost black metal band

too bad MoRT sucked. is Odinist any better? it's supposed to be "back to the twwtg", so that should be a good thing. you like?

Guest racial-halfpipe~

too bad MoRT sucked. is Odinist any better? it's supposed to be "back to the twwtg", so that should be a good thing. you like?

lol wut, MoRT is my favorite blut release. they really went off the deep end with that one -- truly the confield of black metal -- either loved or hated by the fans. i actually wished they had continued in that direction. but, yeah if you like twwtg you'll probably see odinist as a return to form, as they really toned down from the atonal madness of MoRT, but still retained a bit of its dynamic feel.

check out the remix they just did for the pyramids if you haven't yet, and look out for memoria vetusta II: dialogue with the stars in early 2009.

lol wut, MoRT is my favorite blut release. they really went off the deep end with that one -- truly the confield of black metal -- either loved or hated by the fans. i actually wished they had continued in that direction. but, yeah if you like twwtg you'll probably see odinist as a return to form, as they really toned down from the atonal madness of MoRT, but still retained a bit of its dynamic feel.

check out the remix they just did for the pyramids if you haven't yet, and look out for memoria vetusta II: dialogue with the stars in early 2009.

i really wanted to like MoRT. it's not atonality that bothers me, if anything, it's the lack of coherent rhythmical structure. it just... doesn't hold together, doesn't work for me. and i'm pretty open-minded as far as music goes. truth is, i wasn't *that* crazy about twwtg either, i mean it was fun, but i was ready for a more twisted music, but still following blackmetal form. MoRT wasn't it. actually, my biggest issue with it is, it tries too hard.

IMHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

got any other interesting stuff to recommend?

ive come to the conclusion that it like the droney, more experimentally tinged black metal stuff better than actual black metal. although, i must admit that ive developed a fascination with the lead singer of gorgoroth.

Guest racial-halfpipe~
got any other interesting stuff to recommend?

i've been listening to cryostasium, but i figure you already know of him from the split he put out with xasthur. if not, check out that 'asylum d' track on his myspace.

ive come to the conclusion that it like the droney, more experimentally tinged black metal stuff better than actual black metal. although, i must admit that ive developed a fascination with the lead singer of gorgoroth.

check out drudkh. not really experimental, but pretty droney while still feeling like black metal. i love it.

• 3 months later...

The only Black Metal I listen to comes from my hometown, or a suburb of it to be exact:

Absu

they are fucking incredible....and they accidentally made black metal better through the influence of Darkthrone, Emperor, and Mayhem along with other more famous metal acts at the time........in Texas....

I bringeth you Absu:

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

ABSU!

Striborg

Paysage d'Hiver

it's funny - i think i've mentioned before, but thosse are the only two black metal things i'm inyo. striborg actually kind of got me into that stuff fullstop. got the original finsternis edition of spiritual catharsis in a bargain bin because of the insanely odd cover... and it turned out the music sounded exactly like the cover looked/... kind of weird too, it would've been before he was on southern lord and presumably the store i got it from only sort of got it because he's close by in tasmania or something.

i've got hvis lyset tar oss and filosofem but i'm not that into it actually... there's one track on hvis i like but otherwise it's just sort of ok. great covers though...

the thing with the burzum reputation though, you've got to think that they were all essentially rascist, emotionally-stunted 20-year-olds who were really into tolkien and fantasy stuff and basically just got in too deep about who was thee grimmest. ii can't really see how anyone could take what he did as being 'evil' necessarily - just a really stupid teenage mistake made by a stupid teenager.

well.

you gotta take into account that Burzum is from the second wave era of scandinavian black metal scene. that's like 10 years before Striborg/PdH. i might be overly generalizing, but second wavers were generally younger kids and also far more focused on form/aesthetic than content. quite the opposite than trying to be original in any way.

i respect Burzum's work, i think Hvis Lyset Tar Oss is an outstanding album (esp. track Det Som En Gang Var), especially atmosphere-wise, and Filosofem even more so (esp. Rundgang um die transzendentale Säule der Singularität).

sure, everybody is name-dropping Burzum nowadays, it kinda gets on my nerves as well. but it was like that then and if you try to look at it with those times in mind, it's a lot less cheesy.

oh, and about Vikernes' crimes... they don't really affect my attitude towards his music.

Archived