IGNORED

Hardware reverb

posture

What would be the best bet for finding a hardware reverb unit for cheap, that doesn't sound like total ass.

I don't like when reverb has too much noise associated with it.

I just want it to be lush and warm sounding, thinking along the lines of the bass sound on the Aphex song Tha.

Also where to look, and what to look for. I'm poor, so I have a cash converters (lol) a few minutes from my house where I see a lot of rack mount stuff so that's where I'd probably look first. Then I guess random mom and pop music shops/ebay/craigslist or something.

I plan on using it with synths, and eventually one day with guitars so I can achieve my musical fantasy of making some droney space rock with Hawaiian style slide guitars.

Thanks.

i take it from the cash converters thing, you're in the UK and not the US as your profile claims...anyway, just google "Zoom RFX-1100" and order it from the best price on line source. fuck buying music equipment from shops man - they are much much more expensive than on line places as a rule....

behringer virtualizer pro

behringer rv-600 guitar pedal

both very cheap, and very awesome. especially the virtualizer. very good for super ambient stuff, and they also have great spring reverb emulators.

Edited by modey

Nah I am from the states, thanks I will look into that.

oh right, didn't know they have cash converters in the US....but yeah, it's a good unit, check it out!

You can get an Ensoniq DP2 for less than £100. You might even be able to stretch to a DP4+. Guitar studio multi-effects, used by just about everybody from Autechre to Daft Punk. The reverb on it is under-rated but very good.

I can get some very lush reverbs from my Quadraverb 2, the other FX are a bit on the weak side but the reverbs are very comprehensive and can be routed to work in true stereo.

Also the Boss RV 70 didn't sound bad for what it was and they can be had for peanuts these days.

whatever you do, stay away from the cheaper alesis units. they're noisy as all fuck.

The Alesis Nanoverb is alright. The reverb itself is kind of sketchy, and it's like 18 bit or something weird, but the delay is actually really cool.

Guest analogue wings

Cash Converters here are a joke - they just ebay search everything, find the silliest price that thing has ever sold for, and slap that on the pricetag.

Cash Converters here are a joke - they just ebay search everything, find the silliest price that thing has ever sold for, and slap that on the pricetag.

I got a Yamaha AW16g in very good nik with a 3 month warranty for £160 from cash converters!

It's best when they have no idea what it is. :angry:

Guest analogue wings

roland tr626 - $450!

lol

Roland Juno 106 - $1200

i got a used lexicon mpx-500 for $150. it is an excellent and very versatile reverb. stay away from the mx-200, even though it's usb-programmable, it's annoying as fuck to use. alternately, if you want one, i will sell you one for very cheap.

i got a used lexicon mpx-500 for $150. it is an excellent and very versatile reverb. stay away from the mx-200, even though it's usb-programmable, it's annoying as fuck to use. alternately, if you want one, i will sell you one for very cheap.

i'm a fan of lexicon verbs. i think they sound great. mpx500 is great and most of their fx units beyond that are excellent as well.

Guest hahathhat
I plan on using it with synths, and eventually one day with guitars so I can achieve my musical fantasy of making some droney space rock with Hawaiian style slide guitars.

Pedal Steel Guitar??

Luke Vibert / B.J. Cole -- Stop The Panic features a lot of it, as that's what B. J. Cole does and Stopping The Panic is what Vibert does

• 5 years later...

My dad and I built a home made plate reverb years ago. It still needs some fine tuning, but the sound is beautiful. Just google DIY plate reverb and you'll find loads of info

Spring reverbs can be had for cheap if you look at the right places. They are often built in in old mixers

Do you have any pics of your plate reverb ? How expensive / tricky is it to build one ? Thanks !

I'd love to buy a Strymon Big Sky someday... but I have a couple of synths to buy first hehe...