IGNORED

Autechre/Radiohead

Guest tbio2007

i feel the same with radiohead : i dont know their music very well but trax like karma police, let down or street spirits are much better than those so called "electronic" records.

in the same wave lenght, jeff buckley was much better.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fuck thom yorke !!! hes just another prick retard who will just never get there is a bigger picture

fuck that mind fucker, just because you got a beautiful voice doesnt mean you got to take advantage of the weak minded emo fucks who happen to be addicted to self pity and despair.

i mean he did some good tracks right ? we all agree on that but his shit man this guy is so fuckin depressing and hes got this weird fucken ...i could go on all night

Guest bitroast
i feel the same with radiohead : i dont know their music very well but trax like karma police, let down or street spirits are much better than those so called "electronic" records.

i'd call Kid A experimental more than electronic. you can't call the whole album electronic when they're only 2 electronic tracks on there (kid a and idioteque). amnesiac has about 3 or so electronic tracks, most of it's jazz-y/rock stuff.

i know im just being fanboi-ish and defending the band here, but i had to say something!

i'd call Kid A experimental more than electronic. you can't call the whole album electronic when they're only 2 electronic tracks on there (kid a and idioteque).

I remember having bought the album feeling a little let down when I found those were the only "electronic" tracks on there... those also being the ones I had previewed. However, it really grew on me and it's a great album.

And Thom Yorke's a great musician but thinks way too much of himself.

I don't know if Yorke wants to sound like AFX and AE so badly, then why do his 'electronic' tracks sound completely different?

I think he has made some inspiring efforts, but does sound a bit whiny at times lol

Guest acridavid
fuck thom yorke !!! hes just another prick retard who will just never get there is a bigger picture

fuck that mind fucker, just because you got a beautiful voice doesnt mean you got to take advantage of the weak minded emo fucks who happen to be addicted to self pity and despair.

i mean he did some good tracks right ? we all agree on that but his shit man this guy is so fuckin depressing and hes got this weird fucken ...i could go on all night

I'm probably also gonna be sounding fanboyish here but I don't get why so many people call Thom Yorke so depressing, or a whiner or whatever. Take the Meeting People Is Easy DVD, it gives such a wrong picture of Radiohead. Right, some of his lyrics may be a bit down but man.. this guy is full of humor. They are NOT a depressing band or anything at all. And fuck they write good songs. If I wanna cheer myself up I put the Eraser on, there's no bad track on it imo. It's not Autechre quality electronics of course, but what do you expect from a songwriter with a rock background? He/they have always done a great job of combining that pop/rock feeling with electronics and other experimental things. It makes me smile.

I saw NIN mentioned in this thread as well. Take Trent Reznor (which I'm also a big fan of), now that guy is a negative bastard sometimes. He's like.. the godfather of depressing lyrics. Doesn't make the music bad though, I absolutely love NIN. But just to make a comparison, I don't get how people get so depressed of Yorke's voice/lyrics..

He has often expressed how much he likes Autechre (and also AFX and Squarepusher). Getting inspired by other artists is a good thing, imitating is much worse. There's no album like Kid A/Amnesiac. Doesn't sound like Ae, but I guess it's heavily inspired by them.

i think radiohead are all good musicians, i'm especially fond of their bassist. but they did their best and most inspiring work with the bends and OK Computer. their electronicy stuff sounds pretty good, but they are new at it. it has nowhere near the depth of an RDJ or Ae song, but it's pop music. same with the eraser, it's no masterpiece of electronic mastery, nothing complex but it doesnt need to be. thom is not sean or rob or richard or tom! he listens to those guys, but i don't think he's ripping them off or attempting to.

i think you guys are too harsh, the dude is starting to come around to the awesomeness of Ae, RDJ and []guy. let's see what his electronic music is like in 10 years after he's had time to tool around.

even trent reznor's burn was impressive its one of his best work it felt electronic music somehow but lets say i only liked 10% of his work, same thing for radiohead

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest titsworth_courier
yeoh i pretty think they use opportunity to do a long show for personal purpose of re-playing/remembering inspirational stuff back in the kinda naive days

wow.

ae to rh fans = afx to nin fans

true.

• 6 years later...

I love when rock bands use electronic music elements (sarcastically). Srsly it's like the worst thing ever like suddenly duhur I can't makemusic if the instrument doesn't have a name like guitar glockenspiel whatever. That being said I think radiohead is better than most at 'getting' electronicmusics but yeah they're fucking depressing. Lotus Flower was ok and bloom is pretty great. Radiohead just do a whole album like bloom/feral kthx. As for thom's solo stuff the texture of it reminds me of when you're at the dentist and they give you mr. thirsty

in rainbows was still only like one or two good songs and I liked the old version of weird fishes/arpeggi better in some ways

edit: this

this will be controversial but I do like the production on lotus flower. Almost gives me an analord vibe not like anything like analord but it has the same MURK to it imo. But yeah their attempts at electronic aren't so great most of the time

oh I like this too, should've been on king of limbs. Those detuned synths are ragnar/djsainthubert approved

yorkegrammy2.jpg

http://www.idolator.com/5134807/thom-yorkes-taste-in-music-gets-made-more-mainstream-by-the-man

Reportedly, he allowed someone to replace Vose In and Scott Walker's Psoriatic (not that prominent initially though) for David Bowie and Rolling Stones songs for the 2009 Grammy poster. Or was it a total recall type of moment?

Radiohead are sound, as is Autechre.

World needs the new Radiohead album soon. And an Autechre remix of the whole album.

<\curedplanet>

Probably the best bump of all time (makes a change)

I was thinking a few days ago its about time for something brand new by the The Head. Though I am seriously getting fatigued by Thom and his laptop albums and boring supergroups I'd welcome another album. King of Limbs wasn't up to much (though Bloom is a classic)

And as you say an Autechre remix of the whole thing would be mind-blowing, and who knows? Since Aphex dumped his archive anything seems possible, like Squarepusher releasing those warp20 tunes on audiophile vinyl and BoC doing a run of concerts somewhere fucking cool and off the beaten track (as in my garden shed).

Etc etc etc etc

I don't know if Yorke wants to sound like AFX and AE so badly, then why do his 'electronic' tracks sound completely different?

they sound completely different? thats odd because when i first heard them i thought the exact same thing you did in the first half of your sentence except replacing the word 'if' with 'why'

Archived