IGNORED

Autechre/Radiohead

Guest tbio2007

Thom mentioned the tuss and quaristice multiple times in his blog charts .

sweet. What Tuss and Quaristice tracks were mentioned?

As far as opinion goes, I'm really liking their live electronic stuff recently, as an example:

This isn't the best live outing of the track, but it's the best recorded so. A few others are notably more intense but lack in audio quality.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started to lose interest around the time of 'Hail to the thief' but Kid A is the reason i discovered BoC when i did. I'd say that album made me come around to electronic music as i was bit of a 70's rock elitist. Pink Floyd were my fav but still couldn't get my head around full on electronica. Thanks PF and RH.

I thought In Rainbows was great. The music may be popular, but it isn't pop music. none of thier stuff is... maybe the bends and pablo honey are, but they don't get played on the pop radio stations where i'm from. They have always been an alternative to pop, and thats what i loved about them. Now i seldom listen to them, but have more respect than ever.

I thought i heard Thoms haunting voice on one of those 8 hour Oversteps shows... or was that the Exai one?? or was it just some lush synth...

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry if this has been covered but Radiohead tried to get Autechre to open for them on their 2000 tour when they toured in a big top circus tent, and Autechre wasn't interested. I remember hearing that Ae said they didn't think it was a good fit for them. Radiohead ended up getting Sigur Ros instead, who was just starting to get a little buzz in the area. I was lucky enough to be in Europe at the time and caught the Belgium show. It was right before Kid A was released, and the content covered was from the Bends to Amnesiac.

How many of you think they took a complete nosedive directly after "Hail to the Theif"? The solo Thom Yorke albums were kinda cool but all the subsequent Radiohead and "Atoms for Peace" were really bad to me.

In Rainbows is sheer class. All the band are playing together like Radiohead but are still forging ahead with their new sound. Top 3 for me too.

I can see why Autechre would turn down the offer to open for them, they are just way, way too leftfield for a mainstream Radiohead crowd. I don't think it would of been a good idea at all. But I think the gesture was a good one, I think that Thom knew they would say no, but the offer was made as a nod of respect. Thats what I think anyway.

As for the Thom Yorke side projects, I don't really care that much. Radiohead-wise In Bloom is the best track of late in my humble opinion, perhaps Staircase too.

Archived