IGNORED

Earth - Coda Maestoso in F(flat) Minor (autechre remix)

Guest bitroast

Guest bitroast

what's the dealio with this?

it's so incredibly faithful to the original track it hardly seems like a remix at all. not that i have anything against it really, the original is sick and the remix has a real nice kick to it. but again, it's just a little odd, no?

Guest Zoinkers Hammyshammy

This interview has some specifics: http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/feat...erview-autechre

"The "Earth" remix is something we've wanted to do for ages.... We wanted it to just sound like an alternative recording of the same song.... It's their snare but it's been gated and compressed and mixed differently, and messed around with. We almost could have done all of "Phase III", which would have been amazing."

Also, they fade in the bass and 2nd guitar later in the track, and then cut out the main distorted guitar before the solo at the end. Bringing back the main riff in the middle of the solo really adds some punch to the climax of the song, I think. I also like how they emphasize the grit in the main riff, even bringing out that little mistake a few measures in.

Then there's the bit of background noise in the beginning ... and the end is a little more coherent. The harmonic feedback in the original fade-out sounds a bit out of tune to me, and they EQ'd it out of the mix.

I've always wanted to hear them produce someone else's work.

sometimes it is useful to use Cb flat as a key instead of B, or Fb instead of E, but only in music very loosely related to an actual tonality and also only to make the score look less messy.

sometimes it is useful to use Cb flat as a key instead of B, or Fb instead of E, but only in music very loosely related to an actual tonality and also only to make the score look less messy.

Cb instead of B, yes... but never Fb. Not as a tonal center. This would make everything significantly more messy.

And yah.. I've always believed that Autechre have no actual musical background whatsoever.

Guest moo duck

i'm not so sure. i remember S.B. referencing to the organisation of some Beethoven's symphony on max/msp mailing list back in the days. not remember terms though

As far as i remember, Ae are fans of Earth, there is a Earth track on the ATP 2003 cd as well. Saw them live this year (well in 2008) & they're playing beautiful music. Treat yourself with their latest one on black wax, its fantastic.

Guest theSun
And yah.. I've always believed that Autechre have no actual musical background whatsoever.

i've always thought that too, even though they are still like my fave pop group evar.

• 5 years later...

Bumping this because I just haerd this and was like yo, dis an ae track? an google was like yee,

And then I'm like whoa where can I get sum deetz? andgoogle like hey man the firs thing I found is some shitty thread maybe u got dis from hurr

The remix is on the "Legacy of Dissolution" album by Earth:

http://www.discogs.com/Earth-Legacy-Of-Dissolution/release/476455

There are several for sale in the Discogs Marketplace:

http://www.discogs.com/marketplace?release_id=476455&ev=rb

Archived