IGNORED

Need some good music like Autechre

thehauntingsoul

Just put this on and this thread came to mind. I've got another from them (mega utz utz) but I think this one, spielgelbild, is much more AE-ish. It heads into techno territory, but it definitely has an edge and experimentation to it that I think AE fans are keen to.

[bandcamp]https://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer/album=2417485508/size=large/[/bandcamp]

Edited by auxien

• 4 months later...

Phoenecia's "Brownout" was the only record in 2001 that competed with Confield for my affection. The early Arovane EPs collected on "Icol Diston" often sound like an alternate-dimension Tri Repetae era Autechre to me. Have you ever listened to Front 242's "Geography"? That first record, even though very primitive by comparison, has a very similar atmosphere/aesthetic to EP7/LP5 material for me...

Phoenecia's "Brownout" was the only record in 2001 that competed with Confield for my affection. The early Arovane EPs collected on "Icol Diston" often sound like an alternate-dimension Tri Repetae era Autechre to me. Have you ever listened to Front 242's "Geography"? That first record, even though very primitive by comparison, has a very similar atmosphere/aesthetic to EP7/LP5 material for me...

Yeah Brownout is fucking awesome

^ thanks for the precision

If you know his works, could you tip me on another cool release of him ?

checkout Benecah Drann Deachd, a favourite of mine.

This is also great.

Yeah Brownout is fucking awesome

^ thanks for the precision

If you know his works, could you tip me on another cool release of him ?

checkout Benecah Drann Deachd, a favourite of mine.

This is also great.

Thanks a lot spiral !

Eh what a stupid thread. Sorry to be that guy.

But

Nobody sounds like Autechre. Nobody. Nobody has honed in like them and created such a diverse sound

But goddamn there is nobody with the insane focus and depth and structure as Autechre,

Autechre are real auteurs, they're like the Stanley Kubrick or Tarkovsky of electronic music. They boldly go wherever the fuck they want. They seem to be very conscious of the cliches that abound in the medium, or maybe just so focused on and experienced at finding the sounds they like or mutating things until they suit them until it really, really sounds like Autechre.

Almost every other current electronic musician seems to be aping something. It seems really fucking hard not to.

Needed to be said

Hi! First message here!

A huge Autechre fan since 1997. :happy: (also love Oval/Markus Popp, Snd/Mark Fell, Scsi-9, The Field, Dither, Zomby's debuts, DMX Krew, Bochum Welt, Fizzarum, Phon.O, Kraftwerk, Bjork, Klaus Schulze, Patric Catani, Snakefinger, Rhythm & Sound, Sofa Surfers, etc...)

For my first post, i wanted to share one of electronica artists i like most: Dither

I think it can especially please to any AE fan.

Try to listen first "Urei":

https://m-tronic.bandcamp.com/album/urei

or "Summit":

https://m-tronic.bandcamp.com/album/summit