IGNORED

Analord 9 is the shit

Guest spraaaa

Really? If not a break then a drum machine with samples, but i reckon it flows too well for that?

Listen to the very beginning as it fades in, i think thats the only time you can hear it without the 909.

I'm interested to know what it is either way.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
w32 deadcode is fucking lush

Yep! Backdoor berbew q from 8 is also one of my favourites, minimalistic as fuck compared to some of the others but it has one of the funkiest beats of the whole series. What is it, a 909 and sampled break? Naughty aphex using digital sampler on analords, what a lying basterd :smile:

he's using the tr 707 on most of the analord tracks, and that is digital. it wasn't set out to be a "100% pure analog" concept anyway. though i think it's sure to say that all of the synthesizers used are analog, but some of the drum machines aren't.

Yep! Backdoor berbew q from 8 is also one of my favourites, minimalistic as fuck compared to some of the others but it has one of the funkiest beats of the whole series. What is it, a 909 and sampled break? Naughty aphex using digital sampler on analords, what a lying basterd :smile:

he's using the tr 707 on most of the analord tracks, and that is digital. it wasn't set out to be a "100% pure analog" concept anyway. though i think it's sure to say that all of the synthesizers used are analog, but some of the drum machines aren't.

It was just a joke mate :sad:

Although it was a shit one.

It was just a joke mate :sad:

Although it was a shit one.

hehe alright :)

Guest Kicks

The whole Analord series is just great. Phonatacid gets the most plays by me but I'd be hard pressed to find an Analord track that I don't love.

Guest Barricade
The whole Analord series is just great. Phonatacid gets the most plays by me but I'd be hard pressed to find an Analord track that I don't love.

Well, Backdoor.Ranky.S pretty much sucks donkey balls and Analoggins is pretty bad too. The untitled track on

Analord 01 is pretty good, even though it's short, I've always loved it.

Guest David R James

Well, Backdoor.Ranky.S pretty much sucks donkey balls

Look beyond ur hate and look inside, i like this track for its demented meloncoloy

• 7 years later...

So what's the deal with analord 9. I'm especially curious about the little synth loop riffs that runs in the background of most of the tracks except backdoor.netshadow that's like out of sync with the rest of the music. Like... what is that? Is that a homage to some earlier acid/techno? It's just so strangely abrasive and distracting but I kind of like it at the same time. thoughts?

So what's the deal with analord 9. I'm especially curious about the little synth loop riffs that runs in the background of most of the tracks except backdoor.netshadow that's like out of sync with the rest of the music. Like... what is that? Is that a homage to some earlier acid/techno? It's just so strangely abrasive and distracting but I kind of like it at the same time. thoughts?

In Pitchfork's interview with RDJ I think he said something about how he liked sounds that are out of tune with the rest of the track or something

In Pitchfork's interview with RDJ I think he said something about how he liked sounds that are out of tune with the rest of the track or something

Interesting. I vaguely remember that. I also remember somebody a long time ago telling me it was similar to someone else but I can't remember who.

I think of that part as the firewall.

Analord 09 is currently my favourite, especially for the kicks and the syncopated melody loops. Is nice to picture that Electrocomp sequencer being used for proper bangers. PWSteal.Bancos.Q is mesmerizing.

• 8 months later...

Seems to be quite frequent in Techno,dark stuff especially(im really no expert tho,but i have found quite a few tracks with that technique,ostinato short motive,musical phrase,high pitched often with polyrythmic/irregular/sync pattern length(or whatever we can called that).

Not only early Techno,recent tracks do that also.It's ULTRA effective(IMO)on the dancefloor,I went to a few Techno shows and i go batshit crazy when i hear that stuff live.Makes me dance like an animal.

this is a pretty good example:

Archived