IGNORED

Official Petition for Charanjit Singh's Synthesizing Reissue!

Guest bitroast

Guest bitroast

Official Petition for Charanjit Singh's SYNTHESIZING Reissue!

singh.jpg

people who know of this legendary record will know it is possibly the most deserving album worthy of a reissue, ever, ever, ever. released in 1982, the roland heavy album features '10 ragas to a disco beat', complete with slammin' 303 acid lines, 808 beats and of course, crazy indian styled melodies played live on analogue synths and shit. would be all too easy to regard this as a gimmick of an album, if it weren't for the fact the music is actually really fucken awesome. the music is the perfect combination of being a. ahead of it's time and b. impossible to find, which makes it the perfect candidate for a real nice healthy reissue. it totally deserves it.

sign here, the internets one and only official petition for charanjit singh, to get this top shit album a second printing it so incredibly 'credibly deserves.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have it already. although very good when i first heard it, it kind of drags on a bit. but given 303 lines are funky, the 808 is pounding the tracks forward, and its one to shut up all the chicago original boys to say who released the first track featuring the 303.

So i think it shouldnt be re-released and live up to the mythic status of the caustic window LP and that rephlex Rave Colonal 303 track

NCC_1701_30_06_2009_16_41_33.mp3

Guest bitroast
Write Grant at Rephlex an email. I'm sure he'd be down for reissuing it.

well, if the reissue of the black devil ep is anything to go by..

grant@rephlex.com

dear grant,

i think you should totally reissue charanjit singh's synthesizing lp.

best regards and all my love, pigster

ps. just who is the tuss?

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

can we hear a taste?

yesterday on NPR bjork was raving about some iranian techo guy and it was kinda shitty but it was that middle eastern fast melody sound with a 4/4. interesting mixture. i'm thinkign this sounds similar

Guest bitroast

you can find mp3s of the album online (

side a,
side b) but they're really rough and a bunch of the tracks even skip real badly :)

perhaps this just adds to the 'mysthic status' of the album that cma mentioned, but i still wouldn't mind hearing something nicer, hence this Official Petition!

yeah them mp3s are a bit rough. but the fun is remastering them yourself. just stick it into a DAW and put something like ozone and make it worth the listen, the funny things about them mp3s are the crackles at the beggining is the loudest part of the track. :turned:

can we hear a taste?

yesterday on NPR bjork was raving about some iranian techo guy and it was kinda shitty but it was that middle eastern fast melody sound with a 4/4. interesting mixture. i'm thinkign this sounds similar

Probably Omar Souleyman from Syria?

http://www.myspace.com/omarsouleyman

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest bitroast

there's an okay rip available here for anyone who still hasn't heard this http://playmakersplayground.blogspot.com/2009/09/charanjit-singhs-synthesizing.html . I want william onyeabor's anything you sow to be reissued or find a copy that isn't $100+

hehe. yeah thats the rip i've got and it skips at certain points. like track thrree gets caught in a loop. HOWEVER, this page uploaded a much better rip of that track :) i emailed the dude if he had the rest and he only managed to rip that one track :(

• 3 weeks later...

Archived