IGNORED

WARP Confirms "Seven Forty Seven" As Unreleased BoC Track

Joyrex

http://warp.net/records/warp20/warp20-box-set-first-tracklistings-confirmed

Warp20 (Unheard)

Triple 10" Vinyl. Housed in uncoated card sleeves with debossed typography. (Unheard) will initially only be available in Warp20 (Box Set). Vinyl version will always remain exclusive to this edition.

10" 1

A1. Boards of Canada 'Seven Forty Seven' (8:36)

B1. Autechre 'Oval Moon (IBC mx)' (7:18)

B2. Clark 'Rattlesnake' (2:01)

10" 2

C1. Plaid 'Dett' (5:08)

C2. Elecktroids 'Elecktroids Bonus Circuit' (2:48)

D1. Flying Lotus 'Tronix' (3:45)

D2. Nightmares On Wax 'Biofeedback Dub' (5:14)

10" 3

E1. Plaid 'Sam Lac Run' (4:00)

E2. Nightmares On Wax 'Mega Donutz Dub' (5:15)

F1. Broadcast 'Sixty Forty' (4:31)

F2. Seefeel 'As Link' (3:12)

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest phaelam

NOOOOOO

weak.

wow...glad i dropped $150 for one web loop.

thats it. that band is officially done. thats freakin weak. why not one of the live tracks....or something that hasnt actually been heard.

perhaps christ. was the the writer of the group and the boc expended all the stuff they had jotted down before he left.

disappointed...completely.

NOOOOOO

weak.

wow...glad i dropped $150 for one web loop.

thats it. that band is officially done. thats freakin weak. why not one of the live tracks....or something that hasnt actually been heard.

perhaps christ. was the the writer of the group and the boc expended all the stuff they had jotted down before he left.

disappointed...completely.

i don't know if it matters to you or not, but there's remixes of Kaini Industries and A Beautiful Place Out In The Country by Mira Calix and Bibio in the boxset as well...

I too was hoping for something totally unheard, but I'm still happy that such a good track is finally seeing the light of day.

Guest phaelam

i don't know if it matters to you or not, but there's remixes of Kaini Industries and A Beautiful Place Out In The Country by Mira Calix and Bibio in the boxset as well...

I too was hoping for something totally unheard, but I'm still happy that such a good track is finally seeing the light of day.

i dont think there is one mira calix track i can listen to. to my ears, she is aweful. the only track that is good is the remix the boc did. not expecting much from that one.

i dont think there is one mira calix track i can listen to. to my ears, she is aweful.

I thought that too until I listened to the lovely minimal Khala (second track on here http://bleep.com/index.php?page=release_details&releaseid=5689 ), 10 minutes of slowly building and drifting away ambient techno.

Guest phaelam

I thought that too until I listened to the lovely minimal Khala (second track on here http://bleep.com/index.php?page=release_details&releaseid=5689 ), 10 minutes of slowly building and drifting away ambient techno.

OI...youre right. that one isnt so bad. but for me, its just not there. something is off. the sounds dont sit well with each other and its kinda run of the mill [to me].

Will the "recreated" stuff be available on bleep?

I'm guessing so - however, the way the "Unheard" stuff is worded, it seems a bit odd:

"Triple 10" Vinyl. Housed in uncoated card sleeves with debossed typography. (Unheard) will initially only be available in Warp20 (Box Set). Vinyl version will always remain exclusive to this edition."

My reading of that is that this will eventually be available outside the boxset, but never issued on vinyl other than this version. Do you read it that way as well?

they're working too hard on their next album to have time for this.

*fingers crossed*

I'm hoping that's the case as well - it will be interesting to hear what SevenFortySeven sounds like outside of the virtual landscape Flash app that they had on boardsofcanada.com ages ago. I imagine the bloke who created the site for them had the masters, with separated audio sources so he could program the proximity detection to the hexagon obelisks that "played" the sounds of the track as you got closer/farther from them. He's probably heard the track normally, unless they've done some tweaking to it in the 7 years or so since it went up.

I wonder what this means for tracks like "Trails", "Gann", and "Time Apple"?

And, if anyone needs a refresher of what it sounds like: http://www.atomless.com/projects/boc/site/

The track is 8 minutes long because well for the mastering they are clicking their mouse and moving through the islands on the old website.

That would be the BOC way to do it :unsure:

Guest Aces

I am very happy that I will get to hear this track fully at last. It has always been a track that I have loved. This is cool.

Guest musicforairports

This is bullshit. I knew they were going to pull something weak shit like this, its an alright track but its definitely not some of their best "unreleased" stuff. It would have been ok if it was the first track of the ATP 2001 set (the awesome drone). I do not understand why they just didn't reach into their enormous archive of half-finished track ideas, pick one track out and flesh it out and put it on the compilation as a way of saying "hey guys its been a few years, but here's a track that shows hints of the direction our next album will take". Instead all we get is 2002 era stuff that was already semi-avaliable.

This is bullshit. I knew they were going to pull something weak shit like this, its an alright track but its definitely not some of their best "unreleased" stuff. It would have been ok if it was the first track of the ATP 2001 set (the awesome drone). I do not understand why they just didn't reach into their enormous archive of half-finished track ideas, pick one track out and flesh it out and put it on the compilation as a way of saying "hey guys its been a few years, but here's a track that shows hints of the direction our next album will take". Instead all we get is 2002 era stuff that was already semi-avaliable.

As hinted by MDG, they are rather busy with the album, so offering them a track that they already spent time "fleshing out" for the WARP 20 boxset was the easiest thing time-wise they could have done. Agreed, other tracks would have been "better", but this is the one BoC chose to submit. I doubt that 747 shows the direction the new album is going in, considering it's age...

can anyone post it as mp3 as my mac has problems to play the wmv loop on the website

It's Shockwave, try upgrading your Shockwave player at adobe.com and try it again.

Guest phaelam

im with you...WEAK at best.

they may not get to 'choose'. who knows. all i know is my disappointment level continues to grow.

im with you...WEAK at best.

they may not get to 'choose'. who knows. all i know is my disappointment level continues to grow.

Pete, as I said above, BOC are in the thick of finishing a new full length album. They obviously weren't in a position to give away any brand new tracks, just as some of the other artists on the roster couldn't contribute anything at all, for similar reasons.

Pete, as I said above, BOC are in the thick of finishing a new full length album. They obviously weren't in a position to give away any brand new tracks, just as some of the other artists on the roster couldn't contribute anything at all, for similar reasons.

Can't we get an idea of when this new release will arrive... for the fans... so we know when to expect something...

Guest phaelam

ill believe that when info re: new album is actually released.

the forums are as reliable as fox news.

Archived