IGNORED

WARP Confirms "Seven Forty Seven" As Unreleased BoC Track

Joyrex

ill believe that when info re: new album is actually released.

the forums are as reliable as fox news.

Christ on a cracker man, this is MDG - if he says that's the case, then THAT'S THE CASE.

I suppose you want an advance tracklisting and signed album art as well, eh?

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Aces

I really don't get all this negativity. What little I know of this track already has me very excited to hear it in it's entirety. I think people need to mellow out.

Guest phaelam

Christ on a cracker man, this is MDG - if he says that's the case, then THAT'S THE CASE.

I suppose you want an advance tracklisting and signed album art as well, eh?

ha ha ha whatever. as far as you know.

im just a little choked cuz WARP kinda dangles itout there. and never really are clear until late in the game.

but i paid $150. see i pay for the albums i listen to i dont SLSK or peerTOpeer them. i mean i still woulda bought it anyways, im pretty sure. but to post up like they dont know what the track listing will be till shortly before pressing is kinda keeping hopes up fpr what will be on there. dont think they didnt know for some time.

the songs need to be eq-ed and leveled/mastered for vinyl before you press them.

they could have easly posted the listing on the day they announced the box.

similar was the cheesy marketing ploy for the ATP party.

quit playing the 'secretive' game. its kinda gotten old.

im still stoked im getting it, dont get me wrong. and the track will be cool as will the other guys releases.

i guess im just holding out for some of that bad ass shit from ATP and lighthouse. some of the thoughest BoC shitout there. dying to hear that studio style.

as i would LOVE to have a studio version of Ae live sets for the quaristice tour. the album was okay, but the live shit was freakin the shit.

thats just my perspec.

others could simply be tired of being strung along.

[edited for typo's]

Guest musicforairports

As hinted by MDG, they are rather busy with the album, so offering them a track that they already spent time "fleshing out" for the WARP 20 boxset was the easiest thing time-wise they could have done. Agreed, other tracks would have been "better", but this is the one BoC chose to submit. I doubt that 747 shows the direction the new album is going in, considering it's age...

The best explanation would be is that they had no choice in what they would contribute to the compilation/hopefully so involved in the album that they left the selection up to a third party. A leftover track from the TCH sessions would have been a good, recent "direction" track. Trails as well would have been an awesome selection (if they were specifically confined to this era) as Seven Forty Seven is a truly average track for such momentous compilation. I wonder what the Autechre track is like.....

Guest Aces

Seven Forty Seven is a truly average track for such momentous compilation.

In all fairness you have only heard a thirty second loop. How can you judge an eight and half minute track on the basis of that? It seems almost idiotic. Opinion does count but it hard to get an informed one from a thirty second loop.

Guest musicforairports

In all fairness you have only heard a thirty second loop. How can you judge an eight and half minute track on the basis of that? It seems almost idiotic. Opinion does count but it hard to get an informed one from a thirty second loop.

That's more of a sample than amazon gives on album previews for customers. I'm judging it on the basis of that most BOC tracks that go beyond a minute or two e.g left side drive, satellite anthem icarus, aquarius tend to be same all the way through with elements such as different melodies/motifs falling in and out as the song progresses or changes completely halfway through. So yes it could still be good, but in my opinion the sample is uninspiring and evocative of geogaddi era BOC (which again in my opinion is a good album but weakest out of their discography). I just feel that they missed an oppotunity in delievering fans a unreleased track that we either hadn't heard before or something from their amazing live sets.

Guest Aces

That's more of a sample than amazon gives on album previews for customers. I'm judging it on the basis of that most BOC tracks that go beyond a minute or two e.g left side drive, satellite anthem icarus, aquarius tend to be same all the way through with elements such as different melodies/motifs falling in and out as the song progresses or changes completely halfway through. So yes it could still be good, but in my opinion the sample is uninspiring and evocative of geogaddi era BOC (which again in my opinion is a good album but weakest out of their discography). I just feel that they missed an oppotunity in delievering fans a unreleased track that we either hadn't heard before or something from their amazing live sets.

That is fair enough. Hopefully you will be surprised by the track. I do still think that people are overreacting to this a little though.

Guest phaelam

....but in my opinion the sample is uninspiring and evocative of geogaddi era BOC (which again in my opinion is a good album but weakest out of their discography)..

oooo...this is where opinions are truly that of their owners [does that even make sense? :) ] i wasnt into geo initially. but over time...i found that album to be pretty freakin great. i find all the stuff before to be awesome, as is geo. but its different. it has a darker mood that i really find thought provoking. while tch is just watered down for the gp. almost sounds like it was done to fulfill contract obligations with warp. uninspired and vibeless. i get as far as track 9 and get agitated listening to that album. i have to shut it down at that point. as long as its been out, it doesnt grow on me one bit.

music is math is an epic tune....that song has a feeling of desperation that i find none of the other boc tracks have.

BUT macquarie ridge is HUGE. the stand out track for me on tch.

Heh, if it was gonna be one of those tracks, I wish it was Trails. To me that track, is as perfect in its minimalist purity as 5-9-78, I will get it tattooed, or Kid for Today.

Plus didn't they re-use some of the 747 sounds on Hey Saturday Sun? At least in the intro?

Guest musicforairports

That is fair enough. Hopefully you will be surprised by the track. I do still think that people are overreacting to this a little though.

I think people are overreacting (myself included) because when we first heard about this "unreleased" track, it was exciting because it was the first sign of a possible release of original material in 3 years (amplified by the fact unlike other bands, BOC fans get little to no information between albums/releases). Instead we get a fairly average track (judged on the sample) from years ago. As you said though, it could still be good and hopefully will surprise me with hidden awesomeness.

Guest Aces

As I said I love the track so it's a winner for me. Can't wait to hear it.

Off topic: The prospect of a new album is also very exciting.

Guest phaelam

I think people are overreacting (myself included) because when we first heard about this "unreleased" track, it was exciting because it was the first sign of a possible release of original material in 3 years (amplified by the fact unlike other bands, BOC fans get little to no information between albums/releases). Instead we get a fairly average track (judged on the sample) from years ago. As you said though, it could still be good and hopefully will surprise me with hidden awesomeness.

well said....

Guest rdy2bz

Heh, if it was gonna be one of those tracks, I wish it was Trails. To me that track, is as perfect in its minimalist purity as 5-9-78, I will get it tattooed, or Kid for Today.

Definately.

But since it's the first track after years of waiting it's kind of mad to complain. Maybe disappointment?

I for one am excited to have this lenghty track. 8 minutes 36 seconds of new boc. That's great!

So what we've heard a loop of only like 30 seconds. What do we know about this loop? It might even be just a loop from one of the gazillion layers they have in this track. Sorta like a background loop.

I reckon (and hope) the full version is a blown out version of this basic loop. I just hope it won't be a lengthy track like farewell fire which just fades out for a couple of minutes. Neither do I want it to be a very very minimalistic track which loops on for 8 minutes.

I hope it to be a complete song in all its glory. BoC will deliver, imho.

PS: Helios' cover of 747 is a great thing to listen to.

according to the latest update on WARP...the once 8:36min sevenfortyseven trak is now 6:44 :|

hmmmm.

Play the 10" at 33.3 instead of 45 and it'll still be over 8 minutes that way... Maybe Warp had an rpm mixup as a few of these track times on 'Unheard' are shorter than they were a few days ago.

*edited for typo.

Guest phaelam

Play the 10" at 33.3 instead of 45 and it'll still be over 8 minutes that way... Maybe Warp had an rpm mixup as a few of these track times on 'Unheard' are shorter than they were a few days ago.

*edited for typo.

heh heh...ya

http://bocpages.org/w/images/Geogaddi-promo.jpg

i liked it at both speeds...ha

[edited cuz im the worst typist on the planet]

Guest Aces

The only problem I am having with this is not listening to the clip. Until september is going to difficult.

heh heh...ya

http://bocpages.org/w/images/Geogaddi-promo.jpg

i liked it at both speeds...ha

[edited cuz im the worst typist on the planet]

LOL, I remember when I got the Geogaddi promo, I played it slower, and liked it more, then WARP's website put up the audio track and it seemed too fast (speaking of Alpha and Omega, that is).

I bet once it's out, people who are dismissing 747 will change their minds... anyone decipher what the sample in the audio clip is saying, by the way?

Guest lands end road

LOL, I remember when I got the Geogaddi promo, I played it slower, and liked it more, then WARP's website put up the audio track and it seemed too fast (speaking of Alpha and Omega, that is).

I bet once it's out, people who are dismissing 747 will change their minds... anyone decipher what the sample in the audio clip is saying, by the way?

It seems to be a toss up between "take my hand" and "it's in my head". I'm pretty sure it says "it's in my head" though.

Yeah, listening to it, I think it says 'take my hand'

Wow, this could be the heat/night debate for BoC fans!

'hand'

'head'

BTW, it's 'heat'

Archived