IGNORED

glasgow arts school

early

i really don't want anyone in this thread to pm me with unreleased FLACs of autechre soundboards.

i mean seriously, what a waste of a pm.

French wit aside, I know I have had FLACs of the Glasgow Arts School 2005 set in the past, so if someone could PLEASE let me know where I might find those again.

just convert your mp3s to FLACs and you get instant lossless quality, that's probably what the guy who seeded your old Glasgow FLAC did. I'm, like, super certain that you'll notice a dramatic increase in sound quality if you try it, because of science.

MP3 is carbitch but FLAC is high qualitu, oh, that is better. High Fidelitu. Oh yeah.

That would be quite the transcode, my friend.

See mcbpete (thanks), but, yeah, sorry, your FLACs were almost certainly transcodes. I wouldn't trust a FLAC downloaded from a non-official or unknown source to be anything more than the lowest quality extant file transcoded to FLAC. Why? Because it's the internet, and the internet is full of idiots, and a FLAC version of this has never been widely available, if at all.

internets is carbitch

0.jpg

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ Incidentally, you just reminded me that I haven't listened to DJ Carhouse and MC Hellshit yet.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Could I see Elusive's tracklist? I'm not asking for any sort of file, just the times that the set was split into, since that link is long gone.

Not tired of repeating that this live is muh more pleasant to listen in audience recording and this is the best one:

video

I wouldn't say it's much more pleasant, dry ae stuff became more valuable as years have passed after recent reverb explosion era, but you can argue that it's written specifically for an acoustic situation like that. Shame we don't have recordings of such clarity for the next two tours.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Official soundboards has got me revisiting older live stuff, damn this set is so good, I'd forgotten all about it. I'm at work and can't sit still.

I relistened to this while waiting for an invite to the webstore and I still think it's my favorite thing they've done. I can't get enough of those Untilted-era beats

Haven't played this in a while but DAMN this is a good set. I'd almost be prepared to play it to civilians - much more linear than I remembered. I've got ~'68-'70 Pink Floyd boots that are almost this great (and similarly, wildly, deviant from the albums) but not much else gets remotely close.

Anyone know what the lineage is? Presumably, somewhere there is a 16/44 source file?

Haven't played this in a while but DAMN this is a good set. I'd almost be prepared to play it to civilians - much more linear than I remembered. I've got ~'68-'70 Pink Floyd boots that are almost this great (and similarly, wildly, deviant from the albums) but not much else gets remotely close.

Anyone know what the lineage is? Presumably, somewhere there is a 16/44 source file?

Legend has it that a limited amount of CDr's were given out after the gig(?)

The best version found online is the 256kps version (which I have and used for the redux) :tongue:

• 6 months later...

Archived