IGNORED

glasgow arts school

early

I was referencing that Glasgow gets discussed a lot here, but yeah, a lot of good stuff playing in London goes under my radar too! Such is life when you listen to obscure music unfortunately.

And Marked x One, just make a pilgrimage to one of their shows if you have to, it's worth it!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get tingles when Pro Radii drops in the Glasgow set. I never heard this set live, which is shit because I just want to know how good that bit sounded!

spot on mate. By the time that garbled "break!" drops my brain is like yes, fuck yes

I was referencing that Glasgow gets discussed a lot here, but yeah, a lot of good stuff playing in London goes under my radar too! Such is life when you listen to obscure music unfortunately.

And Marked x One, just make a pilgrimage to one of their shows if you have to, it's worth it!

Well I'm making pilgrimage with a friend to BLOC this year, I believe Autechre are playing there so :D

I get tingles when Pro Radii drops in the Glasgow set. I never heard this set live, which is shit because I just want to know how good that bit sounded!

spot on mate. By the time that garbled "break!" drops my brain is like yes, fuck yes

lawl. on the chicago live you can hear me scream brake before it kicks in

(detroit was the night before)

fun

fun

are you the elusive from xlt? if so, thanks again for sending me all those sets way back then!

Well I'm making pilgrimage with a friend to BLOC this year, I believe Autechre are playing there so :D

I'm going with another WATMMer, I think abusivegeorge might be going as well. Meet up and have a drink maybe? I'm going on Thursday, which would be the perfect time really as I can't speak for my state of mind from when the music starts on Friday!

fun

are you the elusive from xlt? if so, thanks again for sending me all those sets way back then!

yes. breakdown beats 52min in is always hottest beat ever

need someone to rhyme over that sht

256 sounds a hell of a lot better than 128...can hear so many more details (especially since ive had the 128k set memorized (every bit)

here it is cutup into individual tracks for cd-burn, if anyone wants:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/63pkgg

thanks elusive, this live set has been my biggest inspiration musically for the past 4 years. not that i want a shit load of people to start copying it's sound but i would love it if you could go to raves that just endlessly play Ae's form of live mutated techno

listening to it on my real speakers at home. big difference in 256 TYVM elusive

you can hear a lot more of the subtle lines rob is playing, fuck me he's a busy guy

i quite like the other idea too, though.

a cheeky nod to kraftwerk - but also cos ae take the 'no distinct separation between person and machine' aesthetic of kraftwerk to its logical conclusion, innit.

yes. i am a bit baked.

Every time I listen to the Glasgow set (a lot) I try to imagine it's 'monomachine' but it just sounds like three syllables.

love love love

Guest theSun

great gig. spoiled only by too many bearded fucktards stroking chins and not getting into the groove.

yeah i'm one of those people that just stands there and watches. dancing is for 1995. besides, i can't focus on anything besides what b+b are doing and the glorious sound flooding the room.

I'm going with another WATMMer, I think abusivegeorge might be going as well. Meet up and have a drink maybe? I'm going on Thursday, which would be the perfect time really as I can't speak for my state of mind from when the music starts on Friday!

Sure thing! I met up with WATMMers at the Warehouse last October for Afx, was very noice :). When the time comes, I'll send you a message as a reminder :P

• 3 weeks later...

lol, 5 minutes ago i was yawning and ready for bed, then track 2 - in elusive's cutup version 'man machine autechre' (6:35, THS) kicks in, and i'm fucking chair raving.

fuck you autechre, i have work in the morning. this is the best music.

In your opinion,

whats the best recording of the Quaristice tour ? Is there any recording of the same quality ( quality of the sound and the show in general ) as this one?

Pardon me. Double post.

Archived