IGNORED

tyondai braxton - central market

Guest nene multiple assgasms

is this anything to do with toni braxton?

his father is anthony braxton the saxamophonist.

Guest abracadabra

He has been listed as a Warp featured artist for a while. Was kind of wondering when he would release something on his own through Warp. Not going to click the link, pitchfork.

i love battles too. i dunno what i think of this yet. of everything i've listened to this year, it's definitely interesting. and i don't generally have the patience to sit through albums. quite frankly i see this album as an example of my competition.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

is this anything to do with toni braxton?

his father is anthony braxton the saxamophonist.

toni is his sister. thats what hes asking.

and anyone else named braxton is also related.

Guest Glass Plate

this is pretty mediocre. Very cheesy/annoying instrumentation. Poor arrangements, really meandering and not even close to sounding original to me, except a few more modern electronic synth and electronic effects added that really don't make it much different than the same compositions in it's style from 60's on. It was almost fun to listen through, but I don't think I'm going to have too much of an urge to listen to it again.

Guest Wall Bird

That sounds nothing like Mike Patton. One pitch-shifted vocal gesture transposed a couple of times does not equal Patton.

It's not bad, but it's also nothing to write home about. The spirit of the piece reminds me of Zappa more than anything. There was another cut off of this album on the Warp site a few weeks ago (Uffie's Woodshop) that was pretty cool.

Was anyone else kind of bothered by the lack of strong low-register instruments in these two songs? The recordings sound so thin.

uffie's workshop is the best one

didn't notice the thinness of the recordings

it definitely sounds like patton to me though. just the cartoony beach zorn vibes

(suspended animation / california patton)

one of the more strange rhythms is also identical to a rhythm in "ars morendi"

• 1 month later...

You people need to go fuck your faces!

This is some of the most amazing music that will ever be written and all of you will be saying this for years to come so get used to it, this record is here to stay!

either Jim O'Rourke - The Visitor or this record = best of 2009 and probably further back....

For those who have ears let them hear!

I really like Jim O'Rourke's the visitor, but this tony braxton album really left me cold. I tried to find something to love, but honestly I didn't give a shit about any of what was going on. I must be dead inside, no way around it.

Archived