IGNORED

Under BOAC is Ae's attempt at being Aphex Twin

thehauntingsoul

The samples at the beginning start all Aphex like and the melodies would be perfectly at home in the RDJ album. The chords at first are perfect and then the voices that come in later sound exactly like the samples he uses towards the end of the RDJ album. Same exact accent, pretty much same distortion. The pads that come in later are also incredibly RDJ-sounding.

Sounds like some twisted version of Bucephalus Bouncing Ball.

You folks hear it?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see what you're saying, but I bet they're only similar sounding because they were both using the same effects that were popular in the late 90's.

Like that bouncing ball effect that sounds like a ping pong ball under a paddle can also be heard on Drane 2.

Alright let me re-word it and say this is the closest track they've ever done to Aphex's work. I would think that's valid.

nah mate, incunabula

or maybe just Bike then

sort of see what you mean in that it has some of the same kinda sounds afx has used and the voice thing is a bit afx but as someone else said its structured very diferently and is defo an ae melody.

The only tack that I always think does sound like afx is slip, sounds very much like something from SAW

Alright let me re-word it and say this is the closest track they've ever done to Aphex's work. I would think that's valid.

nah mate, incunabula

or maybe just Bike then

this, but I would say 444 instead of Bike. sounds straight off SAW 85-92, minus the tape munging, plus a little hip hop flavor.

• 5 years later...

I'll jump in and say the first time I heard Under BOAC I instantly thought "sounds like Aphex Twin"

The bouncing/ping ponging ball thing and the distorted voice sample. Seems clear as day to see the similarities

This may have been because I was introduced to Come To Daddy EP before ever hearing LP5, so it was just about a point of reference

I don't think its a rip off in anyway, and Ae is very unique in what they have done

But still i can't deny the similarities

Hell for years I was convinced they secretly collaborated on that song

Not at all. If anything, LP5 is more similar to Boards of Canada. Tri Repetae, on the other hand, sounds to me like it's half-way between SAW 85-92 and Twoism, maybe with a bit of Bluff Limbo thrown in there.

Not at all. If anything, LP5 is more similar to Boards of Canada. Tri Repetae, on the other hand, sounds to me like it's half-way between SAW 85-92 and Twoism, maybe with a bit of Bluff Limbo thrown in there.

Dude, I'm not talking about the whole album just that one specific bouncing ball sound in one specific song

How are you not seeing this

Archived