IGNORED

Gocab's stuff

Silent Member

NEWISH:

https://open.spotify.com/album/0BkdwFu4bpPaWzAiSXfSgg

OLD DEMO TAPE THAT I HANDED OUT TO ABOUT 5 PEOPLE IN 2004:

https://open.spotify.com/album/5dmEQ6aOMyLFPt1U5h5xeF

Original post:

Hello I'm brand new here, and the first thing I do is post about my own music.unsure.gif for shame!

Anyways, I made an album back in '07 that nobody heard, but I've managed to convince myself its pretty good stuff. Unfortunately only streaming for now, record label still hold the rights and say they're releasing it, some day. For now, you can listen here:
http://soundcloud.com/healthyboy/gocab-the-two-year-dusk

Hope you like and have patience for it all. It's a chunky slice of electric cake.

Sorry about the "post-IDM"-tag, not my work. 

Guest underscore

this is nothin like what i usually care to listen to but its awesome. just finished the whole thing and enjoyed it throughout. any way to get a hard copy or mp3?

Cool, thank you! I'm not sure what the deal is with the hard copies, they're hard to come by and distribution is sorely lacking. I think the label's working on some new distribution deal, but they're not in a hurry it seems. I might leak this shit soon, so tired of waiting for a proper release.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah this is really nice, very atmospheric.

Its kind of hard to digest in the form you posted it (one long streaming file) - its a lot to take in. You might get more feedback if you posted just a couple of tracks.

I really enjoyed the bit from 12:21 to about 15:00. Ah, I see your album is also on Last.fm now ... thats a bit more convenient for listening. So, my favorite bit is called 'Dead Birds Chirping', then.

So is there actually a CD of this out there somewhere?

Yes there is a cd. distribution is kind of half arsed at best though. thank you for listening. I posted the whole thing split into tracks as a download in the EKT section's do you have a full length.... -thread

• 3 months later...

Bumping this old thread to post another overly long track/piece. The burning night lights. This one's a drone/ambient thing with a bit of noise thrown in for good measure.

• 1 year later...

and here's a final bump to ask you to please listen to my album thing. It's a droney effort with lots of field recordings and processed sound + a bunch of synthy glitchy stuff, it doesn't sound like your normal drone/IDM album. I don't think it sounds like much else out there and I suck at describing it.

If you do choose to listen to it, please do so on speakers at a pretty high volume, if you've got a surround setup, go dolby prologic IIx for surround decoding. I'd reccomend turning off the ligths as well as removing your pants.

I know this is a lot to ask, but this album is very dear to me, and I am saddened by it's dimise. It's a long walk/journey through a very tough and dark period of my life, carefully turned into an album.

I don't know. penisjokes.

Yay, thank you. I'm satisfied now.

I can't quite remember what made that sound, it was a rainy night and it's me walking past some construction work, I remember orange blinking lights, I think maybe it was some sort of asphalt laying viechle.

Having a listen through on Soundcloud, very enjoyable so far, some particularly delicate and quiet moments, a nice variety of sounds and styles in there to digest and the overall flow is good. Thanks for sharing, will listen to this more.

• 3 years later...

yeah, hi. Just saw a thread on field recordings and thought I'd share this old thing.

https://soundcloud.com/aleksandermusikk/spor-3

A track made from field recordings of Bergensbanen, and some bits from the Oslo - Gothenburg railway. a journey by train that is then, turned into an ambient piece. Recorded on a zoom H2, layered and tweaked in places to form a composition of sorts, hope some of you will like it... Didn't feel cocky enough to post it in the field recording thread.

• 1 year later...

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my, I might actually get round to making some more stuff, or finishing it, if this keeps up.

Hello!

• 2 weeks later...

<3 Ha! I wish someone would release my junk. I'd definitely get motivated to make more, up my game. Right now I'm just doing it for my own pleasure which isn't all that often when you're short on time. Hopefully I'll have accumulated enough by the end of the year to put something up as a free release on bandcamp Thanks though guys. You're sweet.

Newish very mashed and dirty thing, I was unable to get it to sound any better than this without losing the feel I was going for. Sorry.

https://soundcloud.com/gocab/howl-at-the-moon

Archived