IGNORED

Metropolis Soundtrack by Watmmers

zazen

As you probably know, Squee and Rook started a project last year to put the 1927 silent film Metropolis to music composed by Watmmers.

The project stalled for a little while, but roughly half of the 23 sequences have been done. With the agreement of the people involved, I have collected together everything I could find and started to put it into Youtube.

Here are three of the sequences. I will post a few more in this thread over the next few days. Then hopefully more after that, as we track down the work that was done, and eventually allocate people to do the unfinished sequences. edit: Oct 10th: all the unfinished sequences have been allocated to new people, should be posting some new clips in December ...

There is also a Watmmopolis web site which I will keep updated with all of the finished sequences, both as separate clips, and as one continuous movie.

Part 1 - Music by Kaen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQy6Bdj66sg

Part 5 - Music by Margaret Thatcher

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUK0Vs9qnis

Part 7 - Music by Cubus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zszp5Yg4pHE

More clips coming soon! If you completed music for this project and haven't sent it to me yet then please PM me.

Enjoy! :braindance:

edit: more sequences added, see below or see website

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, I really want to thank you for getting your energy to finish this project. I`m waiting for the whole movie with all the tracks to come out...

If there are sections that remain to be done I wouldn't mind having a go. I would love to compose to picture as it is something I haven't yet had the chance to do.

Guest margaret thatcher

all of these are amazing! seriously, i'd buy this on dvd when it's finished.

margaret thatcher is whom made the awesomest video and whom i owe an apology to (drunk)

wow seriously? i'm still not satisfied with mine...and no apology needed!

Lots of people have been asking me about finishing off the other sequences, so ...

The remaining unfinished sequences (15 of them, give or take) will be allocated to new people on Thursday 8th October

Please PM me or post in this thread if you are interested. First come, first served. Sequences will be allocated randomly. Each person gets 2 months to do their sequence, if they fail to submit or throw in the towel, it will get allocated to someone else.

The following people have already opted in:

Spore, Awepittance, adjective, IDRN, Lascaille, Aces, Gocab

Anyone else who's interested, please let me know before 23:00 gmt on 8th October.

Archived