Format: CD, Album

Released: 23 Oct 2009

Genre: Electronic

Style: Experimental

Credits

Artwork By [sleeve Design] - Simon Paul

Music By [All Music Imagined, Conjured And Composed By] - Otto Von Schirach

Notes

"My Supernatural Motorcycle Gang Will Knife You" is a RMX for All Leather.

JP is a Alien."

Tracklist

1 Aliens Visiting Me 1:29

2 End Of The World 5:36

3 March Of The Dead 4:49

4 Zombies 3:35

5 Death Print 3:22

Vocals - Notorious Nastie

6 Mother Fucking Punk 5:24

7 Condom Pancakes 1:05

8 Eye Of Eight 3:25

Vocals [Opera Vocals] - Andi Metro Esperanza

9 Strange Visitor From Another Planet 2:33

10 Homosexual Mannequin 3:44

Edited By [Cut & Edits] - DJ Urine

Guitar - Jose El Ray

Performer [Calculator Watch] - Mr. Feathers

Performer [Lasers] - Jesus (15)

Triangle - Nassie

11 Anal Spaghetti 1:29

12 My Supernatural Motorcycle Gang Will Knife You 4:07

13 Night Terror 3:50

14 March Of The Dead Instrumental 4:25

15 Zombies Bonus Beats 2:04

Like most Otto, I find this album to be rather hit and miss, but when it hits, the fucker hits. Nice to see some oddball action in such a traditionally reserved and pretentious as fuck scene.

Strange vid for album opener:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r06dBv9D3Ok

Not very representative of the album, except for the "creepy" vibe. As per usual the album is genre spanning to the point of all encompassing, but still has that "Otto" vibe.

I dunno. I'm just being gay for him I guess. He's cool as fuck IRL is partially why... I've never made a thread in this subforum before....

It's worth a listen for sure. I've only heard it once so far but most of it with the exception of a couple of short ambient traxxx made me want to get up and shake dat ass fo sho! I'll post highlights after a 2nd listen.

EDIT: Holy shit "Homosexual Mannequin" is just lol. I love this guy. His electro-ish shit he's been doing the past year or so is really great.

Only played it once so far but I liked it. I felt a Skinny Puppy vibe on several songs in the first half. Other than this I've only heard Maxipad Detention which had its moments but I never played much. I may have not even picked up Magic Triangle if it wasn't in the 7-disc set from Subconscious Records. But it's good, I'm glad I got the whole set.

The only official thing was a podcast interview with cEvin Key in which they played one full song from each of the 7 albums in the series. And the PlatEAU song has a video and should be on YouTube...but no other samples that I know of.

I made a thread last week about the Djoto release because I figured it would be the most appealing to WATMM folks, but it didn't generate any interest. Probably because no one knows the name.

it doesn't specify a date in which he beyond the vault series would be released. Is it all going to come out at the same time? i think i might subscribe this time around, but ill probably check out that podcast first

it doesn't specify a date in which he beyond the vault series would be released. Is it all going to come out at the same time? i think i might subscribe this time around, but ill probably check out that podcast first

They didn't announce an official release date, but all pre-orders shipped out Friday October 23, and yes all 7 were released at the same time. I received mine last Wednesday.

Podcast

(I don't think the creepy vocals are part of album version)

im digging everything on this podcast so far besides the gameboy duo, that was a hard listen

I didn't think I'd like it, but the album is pretty good (only played once so far). The gameboy sounds didn't seem to dominant to me, it definitely sounded like they were using other instruments. I know that being a musician yourself you analyze a lot more than I do and can pick out what sounds come from what, so to you it may sound like 100% gameboy sounds, I don't know. There are some interesting vocals in it too. I don't remember if the podcast track had any.

it wasn't actually any of the gameboy sounds i minded, in fact it didn't sound like any 'gameboy sequencer' i've ever used, and i own 2 different nanoloops. Im actually a little bit skeptical of that claim Cevin Key makes several times in that podcast, but it was actually the vocals that killed it for me. Im just more of an instrumental music man myself, the music has to be pretty incredible for me to handle those kind of vocals.

Ah, gotcha. Yeah when it comes to electronic music I generally prefer it instrumental as well. For example, I'm a big Clark fan but wasn't too happy about the vocals he introduced on Growls Garden EP and then even more on Totems Flare. I'm ok with it now but hope he doesn't go overboard in the future. But anyway regarding the gameboy duo and their vocals, I guess I don't mind because it's a bit over the top and kind of brings an industrial aspect to it. It's different. I don't know, we'll see how it sinks in.

Finally played this a second time, and I feel pretty much the same way about it now than the first time. I think the first half is pretty solid with some great material, but the second half falls apart, just a lot of silly nonsense mostly. Might grow on me, who knows. I just wasn't connecting with it.

Archived