IGNORED

WhoSampled?

Joyrex

it's a little bit of a cock tease, it's like going on Pandora radio. The only stuff i've found for Aphex Twin are people who sampled him not the other way around, but i know with certainty that aphex has sampled many old music sources, especially in Mike and Rich.

cool idea though

• 5 years later...

That is interesting Mesh...it's funny because BOC was inspired by/sampled hiphop beats.

I agree the first track is pretty unoriginal, but it's funny that it comes nearly 20 years after the track twoism was released. Somehow that makes sense considering BoC sampled so much stuff from the 70's in the 90's...haha

I don't really like the Blank Banshee track very much despite being more complex, I liked some of Blank Banshee when it first came out but it already sounds dated...those damn high pitched vocal samples are exhausting to listen to.

can someone help me, I was watching this an realized I recognized it from an track, so it's like the other way around. Who sampled this?

it starts at @0:55

Mr Bungle - Goodbye Sober Day? They redo it at the end of the track anyway, dunno if it's sampled.

They totally do an awesome rendition of it in that song!

Thanks for turning me onto that track...I've always been a bit too "suspicious" of Mr. Bungle to listen much. lol.

I'm thinking of a track that definitely sampled that specific clip from baraka. Guess I'll find it again one day.

Thanks for turning me onto that track...I've always been a bit too "suspicious" of Mr. Bungle to listen much. lol.

I'm thinking of a track that definitely sampled that specific clip from baraka. Guess I'll find it again one day.

Was it this you're thinking of?

Was it this you're thinking of?

thank you, Oscar. You really are a true Professional Internet User.

Kecak is an entire style of musical performance from Indonesia, Baraka just has a segment of it. So there are countless kecak recordings which all sound relatively similar, track wouldn't have necessarily had to sample it from Baraka specifically, but possibly.

Funny fact though, kecak is by no means a traditional form of music or ritual, as it's portrayed to be. It was invented in Bali in the 50's by a (British?) ethnomusicologist as more of a form of tourist entertainment. White people love seeing 'tribal' rituals, especially when they seem so unusual and 'savage' as kecak does. So the segment in Baraka comes across as a bit misleading. Still cool music though.

Archived