IGNORED

I just discovered Ulrich Schnauss

YEK

i can't believe i have never checked this guy out. i've only heard of him downloaded an album and never listened to it

it reminds me of boc and sigur ros, i dunnno, it's great

Guest GrandPopPoplock

Same here , my son . I just discovered him almost a year ago . I plan on buying one of his albums real soon ( sadly...I don't know what to buy first )

*coin toss*

Guest Renivatio

i lurve me some ulrich schnauss. i listened to "far away trains passing by" and "a strangely isolated place" throughout my stay in europe the past summer. awsm times. thoguh i do agree, "goodbye" was a big letdown.

believe it or not i read a while back that 'goodbye' which a lot of people didn't like (although i really did) is how he always originally intended his music to sound, but he didn't have the technical means to go all the way at the time. his next album will be more traditional in the style of his first two albums

Is goodbye anything like Quicksand Memories EP? Because I bought that and it really isn't that great.

I was expecting a lot out of that 5 dollar disc, especially after listening to his first two albums.

yes, it's very similar 'shoegaze' style with actual lyrics. a lot of the songs are very similar and are on the ep itself. goodbye was supposed to be a style progression of 'on my own' but a lot of people didn't enjoy the album. i however really liked it and everything he's done

I listened to Goodbye when the album was just available but I don't fully liked it, maybe just 2 tracks, then I saw Ulrich live in late 2007 and then I started to like the album gradually... today I LOVE the album!, it's weird but true

for his next works honestly I would like the path of Goodbye... maybe his live performance had the correct EQ and volume (it was very loud, a wall of sound in moments)

word

Aye, been a fan for a good 8 years now.

I first discovered him not long after a friend introduced me to BOC, as I went searching for similar artists. Ulrich's up there in my top 5 favourites now, and imo at least, he's one of the best remixers kicking around. He manages to inject his own sound into other peoples music whilst retaining the core of the original track, and the results are quite dazzling.

Met him a year or two ago at a gig as well, and he's a nice bloke to boot.

Guest Enter a new display name

Quit complaining, guys! His best songs all appear in Goodbye: Never Be The Same, Einfeld, In Between The Years...

I dig it. Starting listening to his stuff after I played the hell out of M83. Same shoegaze/nugaze vein, only Schnauss is more mellow, melancholy, and less saccharine...in other words, just more German.

Archived