IGNORED

Monomachine User Appreciation

futureimage

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it lives! arrived two days ago but didn't get even a few minutes to sit down with it until last nite. did an empty reset to delete all the presets and started building my first kit. of course i went straight to the sid synth for my first machine ;)

kinda creepy/cool but there was a black and white printout of my lips avatar inserted into the manual. i assume if they saw some of my posts on elektronauts or something even though i'm currently using this avatar on basically every profile pic i have

tumblr_o9z4w6UJNC1sne56no1_1280.jpg

The preset patterns/kits sound great but aren't necessary unless you want some ideas. I had a listen to them when I first got mine and then changed snapshot; I haven't gone back to the preset snapshot since.

Glad it arrived finally! There's quite a few of us monomachine owners here now, huh? :D

Guest Chesney

NICE!

Yeah, I find deleting everything the best way to not get bogged down in what Elektron or anyone else expects you do do on it.

If you don't hear anything on it then the world is your oyster. This might make it harder maybe but fuck it, find your own way, leads to individual sounds and ideas.

Stoked people are getting their orders.

Be sure to post some early MnM scribbles.

Guest bitroast

kinda creepy/cool but there was a black and white printout of my lips avatar inserted into the manual. i assume if they saw some of my posts on elektronauts or something even though i'm currently using this avatar on basically every profile pic i have

lol rad.

Congratz juice and kcinsu!

My mnm came ten or so days ago i still havent made a track with it nor have i read the fakn manual already! I work too much these days. As the youngest employee i need to work day and night while others are on the beach (!#@¥§§*) ...but it's just how things are going and i understand that but i_ need_ more_ life_, father! i think i could take complete august frei. Shall se.

One more reason why i need more time is cause my md arrived too. :) My god! That machine is instant fun! Im not sure anything can replace the silver elektrons cause these machines have such a smart and tasteful combination of powerful personalities and lovely limitations, if you know what i mean.

Now, all i need is to buy an usb interface with at least 12 ins (thinking about roland studio capture) and/or a mixer (th.about mackie vlz4 802).

Guest Chesney

Absolutely! While the MnM is amazing the MD is gold. I would never ever let it go. It just meld with my brain than any other rhythm machine. Sorry sad to see it go, if I get chance I will pick up a second one.

Absolutely! While the MnM is amazing the MD is gold. I would never ever let it go. It just meld with my brain than any other rhythm machine. Sorry sad to see it go, if I get chance I will pick up a second one.

Yeah I kinda regret getting an OP-1 instead of a MD when I had the chance.. ah well. Maybe one will come up someday.. until then I'll just have to use bitroast's one :D

Thanks guys! I'm honestly a little surprised that they came through... I was really expecting them to run out of stock. Needless to say I am ecstatic!

damn, that sounds like a wicked combo.

Did you get the nanoloop usb adaptor? I still haven't tried using it for midi yet but it'd be interesting to use with the mnm+op-1.. I need to try that sometime, with raspberry pi to connect everything together.

nah. i don't think he's had the usb adapter in stock since i started getting back into nanoloop. thinking i'll just multitrack into op1 from nano/mnm. or bring laptop and dump errting in there and fux w/it

so after working on a new kit/pattern for a bit over the weekend i go back to my monomachine and find that the only two kits/patterns i had worked on were gone and it had been reset to factory default. so i did the empty reset again and got a noticed that it said "low battery" while booting. is that something that happens everytime on empty reset or is my mm maybe bunk?

That's unsettling... Some guy on elektronauts was just complaining that his brand new MD had the same issue... An error in the CPU that drained the battery.

Ive lent my MD to my bessie mate. Hes a really good drummer though so im hoping some insane stuff is going to come from it. (ive got the black ones to use, its enough for me)

Im always amazed at the things that come out of these boxes. They have loads of cheat codes like old computer games. Elektron ftw

Archived