• 3 weeks later...

Just finished an ambient track, with one obvious error near the end that I can't fix because I used FL demo...

[sc5]196167572[/sc5]

You should try layering more elements in this. I like the melody but some nice chords or other sounds in the background can really enhance it and give it context. And actually the "mistake" sounded kinda cool, you could use that in an interesting way to exaggerate a note

Guest kymppinetti

Mark Morgan is the man.

He borrowed a lot from SAW2 and Brian Eno. But the music of the first 2 Fallouts are one of the many great things about them.

yep, the similarities are quite clear. 'window sill' by afx is really like the ost what i posted.

Been listening to lots of ambient lately: 36, Biosphere, Dadavistic Orchestra, HAZARD, Ametsub, the Pop Ambient series, etc. All the usual stuff for me.

Now downloading more Biosphere (Patashnik 2, L'incoronazione di Poppea) and XMM (Elgtråkket) from Bleep.

I also released an ambient EP in December.. https://vuovuovuo.bandcamp.com/album/border

Just picked up "hibernate" from slumbr. excellent excellent music to construct an environment to focus on a task for a few hours at a time (reading, meditation, writing etc..) Highly recommend it.

https://slumbr.bandcamp.com/album/hibernate

loving this, also loved your recommendation 'time heals all' a few pages back. *hat tip*

• 2 weeks later...
Guest murphythecat8

I loved tetsou inoue. I must go back and revisit!

Ive been on a ambient trip lately.

Vidna obmana is a big discovery for me. Rivers of Appearance is superb

Id recommend also Swod, Gel-Sol, Min-y-lian, Woob and Asmus Tietchens

Kettel does a lot of beautiful, atmospheric ambient soundscapes.

• Halt Him, Choo Choo India, and He's His Own Man from 'My Dogan'.
  • The entirety of 'Volleyed Iron'.
  • Nonshot Video, A Very Late Ceremony, Dronie More, and Her Smell Fades Away from 'Unreleased 2002-2012'.
  • Goodbye in September and Times of Running Eyes Closing from Merck's 'Aurora 2' Sampler.

Also, his collab with Secede was pretty darn swell too; 'When Can'.

Guest murphythecat8

Kettel does a lot of beautiful, atmospheric ambient soundscapes.

• Halt Him, Choo Choo India, and He's His Own Man from 'My Dogan'.
  • The entirety of 'Volleyed Iron'.
  • Nonshot Video, A Very Late Ceremony, Dronie More, and Her Smell Fades Away from 'Unreleased 2002-2012'.
  • Goodbye in September and Times of Running Eyes Closing from Merck's 'Aurora 2' Sampler.

Also, his collab with Secede was pretty darn swell too; 'When Can'.

definitely, love those three tracks and love the recommendation : tume running, goodbye, when can, volleyed iron, the ambient tracks in my dogan and also indeed his new 2002 to 2012 unrealeased stuff contain amazin ambient tracks.

his production and musical ideas in ambient is spooky. pure magic.

imo, kettel is the best ambient producer. When you compile every ambient song hes ever made, theres around 50 track and they are all perfect. its pure perfection.

volleyed iron and when can are ambient album so deep and profound, no other producer even come close for me. not even close. I love so many other artist, but nobodys comes even remotely close to his pure talent. All imo, nothing else :)

Edited by murphythecat8

As much as I am a fan of Devin Townsend, his venture into electronic music is easily among his worst offerings. I do like these this songs, however.

Tried to find the song Arc but could only find the full album. Did a bit of chemistry and math to this album.