IGNORED

IAMAMIWHOAMI

Guest KY

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

from what the comments say, that 3rd video was uploaded by someone other than the orig host? anyone?

never mind, figured it out.

also, the vids have been taken down and re-uploaded, as of about 2 hrs ago. the funny whale and owl things are gone, and a drawing is there now.

beh, doesn't sound like anything particularly amazing to me.

She's a multi-millionaire. She could retire quite happily on what she's made now for the rest of her life.

Perhaps she just wants to make music now for fun, to entertain herself, rather than worry about what her fans will think.

somehow i don't think it's up to her. do you know about the pop music industry and record labels?

Guest Masonic Boom
She's a multi-millionaire. She could retire quite happily on what she's made now for the rest of her life.

Perhaps she just wants to make music now for fun, to entertain herself, rather than worry about what her fans will think.

somehow i don't think it's up to her. do you know about the pop music industry and record labels?

More than you could possibly imagine.

of all those blonde pop divas that came up, aguilera came off as the most talented vocally. would be funny if she would be involved in something completely different than the usual popshlock, but i doubt she has anything to do with it. then again, she's so rich she can do whatever she wants, regardless of what the record labels say. that's what i would do if i had any musical talent, make the most calculated pop crap and sell millions and millions until set for life and then quit that and move on to do whatever i'd want to do musically.

lol those drawings are ridiculous. they destroy the intensity of the videos.

edit: just read up about christina on some gossip blogs. they say she's making some movie with cher at the moment called burlesque. so i don't think she'd have time for a musical project on the side. idk, maybe i'm wrong. just a thought.

Guest Masonic Boom

The drawings make me think that there was some kind of copyright issue with the films - perhaps they used stock images/film that hadn't been cleared?

Whoever it is, the whole campaign has been very clever. Obviously none of us would be paying the slightest bit of attention if the work wasn't any good (and that is the hook - that both the videos and music are of a quality to make the guessing game interesting, which they wouldn't be if it was dull.)

I am actually looking forward to the release, whoever it is behind it.

^Christina's latest track from last year, showing the direction she is going in

Click here if you get a "not available in your area" message.

Doubting it's her. It's a bit too ambient, and she always keeps songs pretty upbeat. Unless the tracks were created just for promo purposes. Either way, I don't expect much or any music of the style in the iamamiwhoami vids, to actually be on the album if it *is* her.

Other forums I've looked at, people tend to be leaning towards it being someone that is not signed to a major label and isn't well known since they used someone else's work w/o permission, lawyers at big labels would have a hard time letting that stuff slip through.

Regardless, I an in agreement that whoever it is, it is quite interesting.

Edit: unless the whole "copyright infringement" deal is in fact just a ploy and part of the whole mystery. Lot's of similarities to the NIN - Year Zero viral campaign if that is indeed true. Could be the same company doing the promo. It's def. not NIN though.

Guest Masonic Boom

Content not available in your country.

Though on another forum I'm on, someone posted some promo video for the new Christina which looked and sounded nothing like this.

I think you're probably right on the new artist tip. Though would a non-major label have the money to put together a video campaign like that?

Sure, there's plenty of people with deep pockets out there that aren't "famous" by any means. Lily Allen has super rich parents and that basically funded her career, even though she first appeared to be just a chav with no notoriety.

Click here if you get a "not available in your area" message.

Guest Masonic Boom

Keith Allen is "super rich"? That's news to me. Famous != rich especially the kind of red-top fame that Keith Allen had. Unless I'm vastly mistaken, but I do think that's an overstatement.

edit: Though, that said, having parents in show business probably leads to having the kind of access to *contacts* that is often a hell of a lot *more* important than money, especially in such a bathtub sized scene as the UK music community.

I too was under the impression that Lilly Allen came from nowhere into superstardom. Then I found out she was daughter of Keith Allen which makes a mockery of those 'zero-to-hero' claims. Keith Allen is one of those people with a massive network of music business friends. He's drinking buddies with lots of people with clout in the UK music scene.

• 2 weeks later...

I too was under the impression that Lilly Allen came from nowhere into superstardom. Then I found out she was daughter of Keith Allen which makes a mockery of those 'zero-to-hero' claims. Keith Allen is one of those people with a massive network of music business friends. He's drinking buddies with lots of people with clout in the UK music scene.

Happens a lot, usually it's no big deal if the music is ok. That said the morons from LMFAO are the son and nephew of a Motown Records exec. That's why they were nominated for a grammy.

New Vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yAI5_YXNqI

Well, that doesn't look like Christina....I guess she's out .

I really like this new song ( it's probable my fav , so far )

It is enjoyable. I'm almost hoping it's christina aguilera so she can knock Lady Gaga off her high horse. That "thing" is so overrated now it's insulting.

Either way, I'm agreeing with pitchforkmedia that this seems very similiar to the Knife/Fever Ray.

Archived