IGNORED

st epreo

if you need to ask an internet forum how to listen to a piece of music, you probably won't ever like it.

edit: no i take that back actually... listen to tangerine dream's phaedra, maybe some cluster, E2-E4 by manuel gottschung, popul vuh... and it makes more sense; maybe the reason this album made more or less immediate sense to me was because i was very very familiar with krautrock/crazy late 70s electronic music before listening.

hmmm, kind of liking it on its own terms. will i be more qualified/appreciative if i familiarize myself with those names mentioned?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmmm, kind of liking it on its own terms. will i be more qualified/appreciative if i familiarize myself with those names mentioned?

Maybe, maybe not, but as a bonus, you might just find a whole bunch of new music to obsess over for a while!

• 2 weeks later...

okay i'm taking back everything.

seems to be a really interesting track after all. mad acid.

after actually listening to this album (sweet, sweet wav's), this track is amazing! completely mad acid track... loving it!

I've decided that this track is definitely meant to be pronounced with a really southern american accent. Listen to the track again and picture some yankie from Texas sayin "Saeeent Epreeeoohh"

lol, weirdo

I approve of your profile picture.

i'm glad Autechre are finally taking cues from Nommo ogo :wink: , i seriously think they listened to them at some point in their past because of how much like nommo ogo this track sounds.

thanks for the recommendation, i grabbed some and just started.. already 'across time and space's INDUCTION romps in similar territories as oversteps. dunno about any direct influence, who can say, but if you like oversteps you'd probably like this too.

Guest LonelyMachines
am i doing it wrong?

how to listen to it so it's not shite?

Listen to the 24-bit version. :rolleyes:

I like it. It's a nice coda to d-sho qub. Reminds me of Fold4, Wrap5 or Parhelic Triangle. It also sets things up nicely for redfall.

I've decided that this track is definitely meant to be pronounced with a really southern american accent. Listen to the track again and picture some yankie from Texas sayin "Saeeent Epreeeoohh"

lol, weirdo

I approve of your profile picture.

Edit: @ everyone, not just six

I just wanted to bump this to clarify. I think it's the bowow row row type of sound that the bass has. It has the same shape as a southern U.S. accent. Like seriously, even if this sounds retarded and outlandish, do me a favour and listen to this track again but think of some super redneck texan yellin SAAAEENNT EHHPREEEEYOOHH! Maybe it'll forever ruin the track for you though... :trashbear:

• 3 weeks later...

GGGGGGGGGrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRrrrrrrrTHWACKgggggGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrr

I enjoy this summary very much. I really enjoy when it sounds like the gooey-liquid-soap of synths is being plucked at only to retain its shape and be yelled at by its master (with the thwack).

Wow, I sound like a ridiculous fanboy. :trashbear:

I think a big thing for me is where the music goes, and that's why I get along least with redfall and this one on Oversteps. When both of them start, you're like 'cor blimey!', and expect much awesomeness. But then they kind of fizzle out around three quarters of the way in for me.

maybe you just don't like darker songs? i'd say those are both by far the least happy tracks on the album

I don't think that's it - Confield, Draft 7.30 and Untilted are my favorite trio of albums ever, especially the darker moments. I'm more into Autechre's less linear works, I guess.

Guest theSun

i kind of wish there was something moderately beat-y between redfall and krylon. but other than that i think the album flows very, very, very well. flows much better than ep7, lp5, tri rep, and draft (and of course quari) imo.

i kind of wish there was something moderately beat-y between redfall and krylon. but other than that i think the album flows very, very, very well. flows much better than ep7, lp5, tri rep, and draft (and of course quari) imo.

I agree wholeheartedly, the last 3 tracks are too much ambience. They could have squeezed in another track with some beats between redfall and krYlon and it would have worked out fine.

Archived