IGNORED

DJ Fred McGriff - The Takeshi Mix

Fred McGriff

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WATTMixes Subforum: where mixes go to die

Think I have said those those exact words before....

check my Invisible Radio thread if you want to help activate the defibrillator for this forum....

stand back....

charging!

Hit it!

I listened to this the other day, as I was in and out of the office.... Hale Bop - Spring Heel Jack? isn't that a track by MBM?

nope. it's off the second spring heel jack album, i think it's called busy, curious thirsty.

WATTMixes Subforum: where mixes go to die

Think I have said those those exact words before....

check my Invisible Radio thread if you want to help activate the defibrillator for this forum....

stand back....

charging!

Hit it!

you got it boss, will do

This was quite enjoyable. I like how speedy you go through stuff, got to start trying to do that. Though I'm finding it more and more difficult to get satisfying results when trying to mash stuff up live in traktor. Im thinking about trying ableton, any thoughts on it from people here?

I've also got to figure out a better way to record, your mix sounded really nice

Nice selection of tracks, very enjoyable mix. So many classic tracks.

The flow is great and it has the right duration, the mix is always interesting with no dull moments.

This was quite enjoyable. I like how speedy you go through stuff, got to start trying to do that. Though I'm finding it more and more difficult to get satisfying results when trying to mash stuff up live in traktor. Im thinking about trying ableton, any thoughts on it from people here?

I've also got to figure out a better way to record, your mix sounded really nice

live mashups, even with software like traktor, can be very tricky. in my opinion, it proves a DJ's track selection ability to play live mashups, and usually takes a ton of preparation. ableton is a great way to create technically flawless sets, or make pre-made mashups. however, i think it takes a bit of the fun out of it...if i'm promoting a set, I pride myself on having done the mixing in a single run through, whereas ableton you can tweak transitions until they're perfect.

as for recording mixes, since you're a traktor user, have you tried the internal recording? usually works very well. if you have a soundcard (such as the NI audio 8), you can also set traktor to record from one of the inputs on your sound card.

apologies for double posting. but i think it's gotta be said - AWESOME tracks (and i wasn't familiar with most of the artists/tracks). awesome flow to the mix too, kept me thoroughly entertained even though i'm fairly clueless when it comes to this type of music :p

Guest margaret thatcher

also i'm 5 mins into your mix and this is seriously bang on. no way did you make this in goldwave. if you did then you're an absolute genius.

Guest Ron Manager

Yeah this is really good. I second the comment about Something Like A Mama and Geometry, they sound awesome together (although I think they're each pretty good on their own too). Also, (-) ions, lol. Great mix.

thanks again duders. yeah bigs i'll have to toss up that goodbye mix here soon though it's not as tight because i mixed it on vinyls.

p.s. lol at the silent haters voting 1 star on this mix. just another day for fred mcgriff.

Just finished listening to this, great selection and the mixing is really tight. My mixes are usually looser but I'm always impressed when someone takes the time to make everything feel really cohesive. Loved when Taking Control popped in and that first Astrobotnia track has always been a favorite of mine as well. Good to hear one of your own tracks in there as well (my fav of yours to boot) and man I haven't heard that Photek track in ages, takes me back! Nice work Fred, thanks for sharing.

• 3 years later...

Archived