IGNORED

global goon

Guest bigs

KAY SO HERES THE DEAL:

i didn't see a thread for global goon and decided that was a huge fucking mistake. if it turns out i made a huge fucking mistake and there already was a thread, my apologies. ANYWHO, global goon is most definitely my favorite rephlex artist asides from afx. he is THE SHIT. every track he writes makes you like this :emotawesomepm9: . you've probably got the idea. his stuff after he left rephlex was/is less interesting, but the rephlex records. solid gold. SO I'M WONDERING "what's the love situation with global goon". who's wanting to answer?

my favorite tracks are:

everything on family glue

everything on goon

everything on cradle of history

everything on vatican nitez

thoughts?

edit: reordered favorites by how much i enjoy their greatness

6e4216a6f4de133d1067b2689eb1dcb5_full.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i repeatedly eat my words. the message stands, he's a pretty awesome guy. what are your thoughts, azatoth?

i've only got family glue, which i received from the man himself as he was giving away some at watmm when it came out. it's just fun music, something that often is missing in a lot of idm/electronic music.

i'll always cherish the days when Global goon was hanging out in rec.music.ambient circa 1997-99 and hyping up his own tracks (while pretending to be fans), there was even a funny debate where he claimed (under a fake name) that aphex stole windowlicker off of one of his tracks. if the whole syntheme thing is a hoax, its pretty genius.

possible top tracks list:

goon - metal buffalo

vatican nitez - business man

family glue - glory b into keep yer face on

cradle of history - funkydrunk

its hard to choose, though. albums like family glue and cradle are (to me) just filled with winners.

i gave saint aime another listen but its just so lifeless in comparison to the rest of his music! its good acid, but just totally pales in comparison to his earlier work. cheesy as it is i read a review that referred to it as "health music" and i can't think of any better name for it. there's something in his earlier albums that seem to embody everything that's good about being human.

i'll always cherish this sig he made for me when i first signed up on watmm

globalgoon_banner.gif

woah.. he is/was once a watmmer?

Guest Abuse

Strangely, I hadn't listened to Global Goon for a loong while but this morning put on Vatican Nitez, then i open the watmm forum only to find a new thread about the man. It's a lovely album! I'm not sure if i've even heard Family Glue and Goon thoiugfhgdj...... Cradle to my recollection had some sweet tracks but also crappy ones.

if the whole syntheme thing is a hoax, its pretty genius.

hoax? i thought it was confirmed that syntheme is global goon.

i meant the fact that he sends out a woman to play his sets for him and has never publicly admitted that he is indeed syntheme

if the whole syntheme thing is a hoax, its pretty genius.

hoax? i thought it was confirmed that syntheme is global goon.

i meant the fact that he sends out a woman to play his sets for him and has never publicly admitted that he is indeed syntheme

i didn't not know that.

i hope more artists increase the mystery with this type of trickery

still have the 1st numbered PURE ROCK ep for winning the contest.

and it is indeed PURE ROCK

Vatican Nitez is awesome too

MY NAEM IS JOHNNY HAWK.....love that one too.

Vatican Nitez is one of my all-time favorite albums as a whole. It flows so perfectly from start to finish and works well in a variety of settings. Great for evening down time but also good listening in the car. Like Geogaddi, it never gets old.

Archived