IGNORED

New Wave

Guest Conor74

Guest Conor74
Guest Conor74

Good Simple Minds = Fuck yes. Sons & Fascination + Sister Feeling Call is killer.

You understate things. It is, as a matter of fact, the best album ever. Nothing else comes close. From a band that only knew how to churn out fucking brilliant music till they found that stadium rock sold more...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQJUzT8pMF4&feature=player_embedded

Guest Conor74

joy division

the smiths

tears for fears

human league

wet wet wet

petshop boys

crowded house

talk talk

pulp

Not sure I'd classify all of them, or possibly even any of them, as New Wave, though I know the definition is tenuous. For me it denotes those bands that emerged after punk who took some elements of that and combined it with synth...but not enough synth to be a synth act. Think Pet Shop Boys and Human League were more synthpop, not sure Joy Division or the Smiths would be happy to be in there or had that synth sound, Talk Talk and Crowded House (or at least Split Enz) would make the grade I guess, Wet Wet Wet were just utterly shite pop and Pulp just utterly shite Indie trying very hard to be arch.

Poeme Electronique = super nerd music reference.

<3

Then I r super nerd

naw i'ts not... i got it too

Here's a pat on the back.

fucking thank you again watmm, iron curtain are amazing. im buying this today.

more new wave recommends please.

joy division

the smiths

tears for fears

human league

wet wet wet

petshop boys

crowded house

talk talk

pulp

Not sure I'd classify all of them, or possibly even any of them, as New Wave, though I know the definition is tenuous. For me it denotes those bands that emerged after punk who took some elements of that and combined it with synth...but not enough synth to be a synth act. Think Pet Shop Boys and Human League were more synthpop, not sure Joy Division or the Smiths would be happy to be in there or had that synth sound, Talk Talk and Crowded House (or at least Split Enz) would make the grade I guess, Wet Wet Wet were just utterly shite pop and Pulp just utterly shite Indie trying very hard to be arch.

psh whatever

genres are so annoying anyways

• 3 years later...

God I love new wave... Its funny cuz no matter what, i never grown tired of the new wave, synth pop, darkwave/goth, post-punk/alt umbrella. Most genres, i need a break from after long stints on them, but not new wave. It may be cuz ima Bowie freak, but bowie, aha, pet shop boys, new order, soft cell, gary numan, etc, cant get enough!

Guest jasondonervan

God I love new wave... Its funny cuz no matter what, i never grown tired of the new wave, synth pop, darkwave/goth, post-punk/alt umbrella. Most genres, i need a break from after long stints on them, but not new wave. It may be cuz ima Bowie freak, but bowie, aha, pet shop boys, new order, soft cell, gary numan, etc, cant get enough!

Archived