IGNORED

Draft 7.30

Guest HWNDarkside

Guest victorian sewer rituals

IV VV IV VV VIII sounds like someone beating the crap out of a parrot.

In a nuclear plant tower, surrounded by buffalo. :happy:

music: the next generation :facepalm:.

(This record still sounds fresh.)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest hahathhat

wasn't too big on it for ages, though it seemed to suit certain moods and i'd toss it on every now and again. then i got pretty into v-proc one day, and some of the others started to click more. gradually gotten to liking all the rest; didn't expect to.

regarding listening on acid:

i was like, alright, let's put it on and see if my life changes.... it didn't. my reaction? i was surprised at how organic i found it. i'd call it SoundBlaster soundfonts with moss and mold growing on them. Soundfonts were bits taken from afternoon walks and outings to various places like the woods (sudden roundabout) a boat/docks (xylin room). kind of like if you chopped the locations up into little pieces, loaded them into your samplers, and tried to recreate the original locations... comes out as a lot of diamonds of mossy soundfonts hurtling at you in the rough picture.

it was a quality time, but i've had much more amazing/intense acid listening experiences with other music. appreciated it muchly, but the amount of fapping over draft kind of puts me off.

Draft 7.30 was the first Autechre CD I ever purchased. I was heavily into DJing progressive house (John Digweed, Nick Warren etc..)at the time and I wanted to buy something completely different. This was in the new releases section of HMV and I just randomly purchased it.

At first I was totally :shrug::wacko::wtf: and for a few months it was too much of a head fuck for me. I couldn't listen to the whole album at once, I had to listen to a couple of tracks at a time. However in amongst the chaos I grew to understand what they were doing and it grew on me. One day, Xylin Room sounded fucking awesome and I got it!

:emotawesomepm9::sorcerer::music: but still :wtf:

This album is pure sonic beat fuckery and remains one of my favourites amongst their work. I have since gone on to rapidly purchase as much of their back catalogue as possible over the past year, exploring all of the facets of their productions over the years. It has been a challenging yet satisfying experience catching up on everything they have released. A lot of their work is still quite fresh to my ears and is taking a while to digest.

I think I started with some of their most inaccessible work (on initial listening) but purchasing Draft 7.30 was certainly a life changing moment in my musical timeline.

*edit*

I must also add that joining this forum has been a great move - you guys have helped me understand their sounds and ideas a lot more!

• 4 years later...
Guest the anonymous forumite

If you were into AE by the time Confield came out, Draft 7.30 was quite easy to grasp, comparatively. Confield was such a buttfuck that our holes were gaping and hungry for more when Draft came out.

Now if you ask me, what followed was just a few facials, but nothing as violent as the bliss we had lived before.

Listening to this the other day on headphones, the end section of xylin room made me picture a large tree sized plant in various shades of brown with large revolving leaves at its base and a huge funnel at the top emitting soft, golden brown puffy balls out in all directions.

the first part sounds like being in the hull of a wooden ship swaying on the waves

great track

If you were into AE by the time Confield came out, Draft 7.30 was quite easy to grasp, comparatively. Confield was such a buttfuck that our holes were gaping and hungry for more when Draft came out.

Now if you ask me, what followed was just a few facials, but nothing as violent as the bliss we had lived before.

I found confield easy to get into and loved it from the start (tho its an album that still reveals new stuff to me even now) but when Draft came out I struggled with it and it ony really clicked with me fully years later... But hey thats Autechre for you! :)

the first time I listened to this I smoked hash for the first time as well

do I need to explain how lush this was?

What a coincidence. I listened to this album the first time I smoked hash as well. It wasn't my first time hearing Draft though but still.

Guest WNS000

IV VV IV VV VIII is one of the most emotionally devastating tracks I have ever heard. The ending can be matched only by Yuop. Simply incredible, powerful piece of work.

Draft is probably my AE's favourite album.

IV VV IV VV VIII is one of the most emotionally devastating tracks I have ever heard. The ending can be matched only by Yuop. Simply incredible, powerful piece of work. Draft is probably my AE's favourite album.

I feel the similar way about nwnw8, which is why i can't enjoy Yuop as it expands the same way nwnw8 restrains itself. The magnum opus attitude pours through Yuop's aesthetics. I can hear how it can be perceived as hyper powerful, but for me nwnw8 is a prime example of an antidote to that sort of euphoria-inducing mechanics. It was vaccination, basically.

Guest eczem

IV VV IV VV VIII is one of the most emotionally devastating tracks I have ever heard. The ending can be matched only by Yuop. Simply incredible, powerful piece of work. Draft is probably my AE's favourite album.

I feel the similar way about nwnw8, which is why i can't enjoy Yuop as it expands the same way nwnw8 restrains itself. The magnum opus attitude pours through Yuop's aesthetics. I can hear how it can be perceived as hyper powerful, but for me nwnw8 is a prime example of an antidote to that sort of euphoria-inducing mechanics. It was vaccination, basically.

I concur on N W, it was my favorite track on Draft for a long time... don't think I have one now. Xylin Room is the one I'm stuck on the most lately; the last two minutes just annihilate me. Interesting position on Yuop; I can't deny the track's crescendo mechanics, but I guess I like it when AE occasionally really go for it with texture and meldoy this way. I think It's my favorite on Oversteps. I like your take on NWNW accomplishing more while being more measured though. I guess I like it both ways.

Never got into this album, but funnily enough I put it back on the mp3 player a week ago and I started to see shafts of light at the end of (a very long lol) tunnel.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone else noticed the little snippit of some other song (or even just a breakbeat) at the very end of VL AL 5, after the glitching stops and just before P.:NTIL starts? I'm at work so can't check it out but I definitely hear something.

the first time I listened to this I smoked hash for the first time as well

do I need to explain how lush this was?

Please do: with plentiful adverbs and adjectives as well

Has anyone else noticed the little snippit of some other song (or even just a breakbeat) at the very end of VL AL 5, after the glitching stops and just before P.:NTIL starts? I'm at work so can't check it out but I definitely hear something.

Yeah, it's at the same tempo as the next track, leads right in.

Yeah, it's at the same tempo as the next track, leads right in.

Wow more hidden funnsies. Makes me so happy~

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Sublimiter

draft 7.30 really opened up for me, when i listened to it on headphones in the dark on acid. it was mindbending how every sound had a perfect place.

That sounds incredible. Definitely going to listen to ae the next time I drop acid.

Archived